0 - the calm

Jungkook groans. He taps his ball-pen on the armchair and glances up at the clock. It ticks with every second that passes and he stares back at his very blank test paper.

And of course, Jungkook thinks that he might just be absolutely doomed. He should have been able to ace this damn thing, if he actually were given the chance to study the night before.

Don't blame Jungkook, his plans really were to burn the midnight oil until his eyelids felt as heavy as two ton iron slabs. Then there's a knock on the door. Taehyung appears with multiple bottles of soju in his hands.

Great, because instead of memorizing mathematical formulas and equations, Jungkook ended up being smashed with Taehyung and taking dumb Tiktok videos for the rest of the night. He looks at the graphs on the test paper and it looks like an alien language to him.

It pisses him off. Jungkook glances at his side through the corner of his eyes. He sees Taehyung slumped over his desk, probably drooling on some random shit he wrote down on the test paper.

Is he relaxed or did he just accept his fate? Either way, Jungkook knows they're both screwed. He stares down at his paper again and writes down anything. The nonsensical paragraphs make him pity himself.

When the bell rings, Jungkook feels like he's been through war and back. He slowly passes his test paper and watches the professor scan it then pause. There's a burning shame in his gaze.

Jungkook avoids his professor like a plague and instead walks towards Taehyung, who is still yawning loudly on his seat. He nudges his thigh with the edge of his shoe.

"Ouch," Taehyung whines. "End violence, Kook."

"Shut up," Jungkook groans. "Because of you, I might have just blown my chances for uni."

Taehyung glances up at Jungkook, both eyelids still half-mast. He yawns again and runs his hand through his permed hair.

"I don't understand," Taehyung scratches his cheek. "Didn't you study before I crashed at your place?"

Jungkook's eye twitches. "I did before you decided we should get smashed."

"Huh," Taehyung smirks. "Doesn't drinking make your memory better? That's how it works for me."

After Jungkook hits Taehyung across the head, they both walk out into the hallways. As usual in this hour, the whole place is crammed with students sprinting to their classrooms. They walk side by side with their shoulders pressed together.

"Jungkookie! Over here!"

Despite hearing the familiar voice, Jungkook can't spot him in the crowd at all. "I can't see you, Jimin!"

Jungkook lets out an oof when he suddenly gets elbowed in the stomach. He looks down to see a head of very bright silver hair staring up at him with a big pout.

"I was being serious, you know," Jungkook laughs. "Too much people here."

"And I thought Taehyung's soulmate senses would lead you guys right to Jimin."

A tall figure towers behind Jimin, his smile accompanied by deep dimples at each side. His dark hair is slicked back to reveal part of his forehead. He has a bag slung over his shoulder and both sleeves rolled up to reveal his upper arms.

"Guess it doesn't work all the time," Namjoon ends with a smile.

Jungkook notices the way Jimin eyes Taehyung at the mention of being soulmates but decides not to comment about it.

"You don't have to look that cool, Namjoon," Taehyung huffs next to Jungkook.

"What?," Namjoon raises a brow. "This is how I always look."