Zenitsu Agatsuma x (GN)Reader

~*:beloved short cut guide:*~

(Y/N): Name
(E/C): Eye color
(H/C):Hair color [ i.e. brunette, blonde,...]

——————————————————–

It was harsh and loud when they fell in love with it.

Very loud.

It was crying in pain.

For a moment their throat felt dry and hoarse as if feeling the impact of the high screeching octaves in their own body. It was ear piercing. Never before durring their stay in the Butterfly Estate they have caught that much of a loud voice. It sounded more like a dying animal, if we are honest here...

It took them a lot of courage to inch closer to the pushed open door to the infirmary beds. They couldn't really stand the sight of blood and mutilations of the injured demon slayers. (Y/N) has never really worked with patients before as they were one themself but sometimes, things were critical and there weren't enough Kakushi to lend a hand for Shinobu and the others, so they had to go under the dogs and patch up some of the swordsmen and women.
Sometimes, it wouldn't be so bad. Just a broken limb, some cuts. Nothing, what a first–aid kit can't handle.
Other times it would look more grotesque and crimson. In those times the view haunted (Y/N) till the late hours, bringing nightmares with them.
This time though...it wasn't even half as bad. The (H/C) never saw someone pulling so much drama over a cup of bitter medicine. Was he that sensitive in terms of taste ? They carefully stepped into the room, deciding to aid Aoi with the difficult patient.

„TANJIROOOOooooOooOOOuuu, pLEaSE hElP mE !!! I doN'T WAnT tO dRInK tHIs bITtER medICINe !!!"

"But Zenitsu...you need to get better–„

"I DOn'T cARe !!!"

"Would you stop making so much drama over a darn cup of herb juice ?!" Oh shoot...never has (Y/N) seen Aoi pulling that kind of furious grimace before. And they'd rather not want to see it again, it was horrifying.

„H–how about I bring you some mochi to eat after you drink the tea? S–so it can wash away the bitter taste..." the (H/C) voice drifted off and became a bit too silent and soft to hear but the male seemed to have caught every bit of it and shined up in joy and happiness.
„Really ? You'd do that ? Waaaaaaah, my herooooOOOoooooo !!!!" Oh sh*t this is a million yen smile- too precious- needs protection at all costs.

The blonde was about to jump out of the bed like a salmon and tackle them to the floor with a hug, but was held back by the twin tailed girl who just huffed and looked the volunteered nurse dead in the eye.
„Then you shall take care of him and keep an eye on his medicine cup. Every day. 3x times !"

They saluted and rushed off to get the treats as quickly as possible. They were freshly made by the three little power girls Sumi, Kiyo, Naho and (Y/N). They got to have a small bite from them before and they tasted amazing ! It made (Y/N) very proud actually ! So just as prideful as they were, they served them to the blond haired boy and his friends. And as planned, the medicine was gobbled down like a shot of alcohol and the red bean balls chomped down to get the lingering bitterness out of the mouth.
The group was having a small conversation to get to know each other. Or more like (Y/N) was having a small chat with Tanjirou since he was the only one of the group who you could talk normally to as Inosuke was in his sad phase, while Zenitsu just kept on clinging to their waist and sobbing about his pain and the danger he went through and how much he still is going through because of the aftereffects of the poison.
They felt a bit flustered, honestly, not being used to such PDA sessions with strangers but burshed it off quickly. It felt pretty cozy to sit there and chat, patting the soft locks of the boy. As if hearing their inner voice, Zenitsu calmed down a bit and just kept on holding onto their form, more loose now. After some more chit chatting and story telling, they felt warm breath tickling against their sides. Both, Inosuke and Zenitsu seemed to be sleeping soundly. (Y/N) took a small glance at the boy. His sleeping face looked so adorable! Him being so calm in general was a sight they were surprised to see. He alsways looked like a goldfish which was just about to burst with those buldging eyes and wide open mouth.