Zenitsu x Reader

Rhythmic drips of the waterdroplets. One after another. Creating a small echo for a short millisecond, then vanishing as if never existed. The rainy season of tsuyu has started once again. Painting the skies gray and tainting the air in a suffocating moist tension.

(Y/N) pursed their lips in frustration.

It wouldn't have been so much of a big deal for them to get through the rain if they would have not forgotten their umbrella at home. Since the skies were clear from any dark clouds, the (H/C) was optimistic enough to see themselves going home to a cloudless sunset. Completely forgetting that they had cleaning duty for the day as well.

In the end (Y/N) was stuck in school until the downpour calmed down for at least a tiny bit.

Heels clacking against the floor, (Y/N) made her way upstairs to return the mob she had to take from another classroom. It seemed that the last one was beheaded by their feral classmate Inosuke when he was trying to challenge Tanjirou to a sword fight. Both ended up getting scolded by their merciless Maths teacher and sentenced to craft a new broom and ruler each, to compensate for the loss of the original ones.

And even so, those two were long done with their duties and off home. (Y/N) sighed as they looked out of the shining water stained window. The downsides had their positives though. Having 80% of the students long gone, the school became a lot more peaceful and relaxing. Creating a small moment of tranquility.

Marching down the long wooden hallway to bring the tool back, the (H/C) picked up the sound of the distant piano which usually slumbered in the music room. Coming closer to the abandoned four walls, there was something else which became much more noticeable. A humming. Perfectly in synch to the gentle taps and melody of the piano. To say that the situation didn't spike the interest of the student would be a lie. They never heard the piano used that often and ,what was more endearing, not this lulling gentle voice, silently flowing with the tunes.

Sadly (Y/N) stood in front of another dilemma which didn't seem to find an end today. Taking a peak into the room was not possible since that particular room didn't have windows to the hallway and you couldn't see much through that slim keyhole which was used to lock up the instruments safely. In short this means no peeking allowed and it just frustrated them as they won't be allowed to solve this new school mystery so quickly.

But just as much curiosity chewed on their hands, (Y/N) couldn't bring themselves to rip the door open and to see who this siren was who played with their mind and ears. Fearing to lose that emotion of calmness and ease which passed through their drained brain with each new note.

The (H/C) decided it would be better to hide behind a corner and enjoy the small symphony of rain and piano. Eyes slowly sliding shut. Enjoying echo which ringed through their tensed body. Dancing in their mind and fantasy. Loosing up the tension which they felt until now. And before noticing, they drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

(Y/N) woke up by someone shaking them gently awake. Rubbing their (E/C) eyes, they met the gaze of their art teacher who carefully helped their student up on to their feet. And after some conversing and explanation as to why they ended up sleeping so soundlessly outside the music room, their teacher just smiled with furrowed eyebrows.

„But (L/N)...the music room has been locked up the whole time now. I'm sure you misheard it and some students were just playing music from their phones?"

It couldn't be though, since they heard it so clearly coming from the abandoned classroom. Right there, someone was playing — yet it seems that she was right.

The music long gone as swiftly as the sound of a raindrop. The doorknob not giving in and opening Schrödingers theorem. It was all long gone as if just a millisecond has passed.

(Y/N) sighed in defeat, bowing down to apologise for the trouble they caused. Walking back with their teacher to pick up the belongings which were stored safely in the classroom of the (H/C).

The morals officer, Zenitsu Agatsuma, on the other hand, sat inside the pandora's box, all nervous and sweating. He was congratulating himself in his head for being smart enough to use the spare keys to lock himself in before starting to practice.

He wished that he could groan in frustration but the blonde was still too afraid in case someone would hear him and dash their way to the room. Hoping to find a ghost or something along the lines. As someone with his job, he wouldn't be able to find a good explanation for his situation. (Especially not if it's Mr. Shinazugawa catching him)

Soon enough though, he will be able to crawl out from his cowardice and proudly play the tune to the person who accidentally stumbled over their present today. And seeing how the sky cleared up with that wonderful golden sunset, destiny seems to smile his way.

Until then, the tunes will be just like nature's orchestra.