writing!

here i'll leave a bit of my recent work for your convenience! none of these are full pieces, but all of them are completed on ao3 or twitter. 

1: TAKE MY WHOLE LIFE TOO - this is my longest kiribaku fic (just under 6k words), and the one i'm proudest of! 

Bakugou's bleary-eyed when he wakes. The lights are not quite right - they're too bright, and the noises around him are all wrong. Beeps and quiet conversation do not belong in his dorm room. But this is fine. He's not unfamiliar with hospitals, and if he knows himself well enough, he'll be out in no time. He's not hurting anywhere, and he doesn't recall any reason to be.

"Bakugou!" Kaminari exclaims from beside him, all too loudly. Bakugou hisses at him, and Kaminari's eyes widen for a split second before he repeats himself, but at a whisper. "Bakugou! You're up, bro!"

"No shit," Bakugou rolls his eyes, and shit, he has a headache. Great. "Someone get me some water, my head is about to fucking split apart." He heavily considers just saying 'fuck it' and turning off his hearing aids entirely, but he'd like some explanation as to why he's here in the first place, and for that, he'll have to endure the noise.

At least Deku isn't here. Bearing with Kaminari is a tall order, so Deku's whiny voice would just about send him over the edge.

"On it," It's Kirishima who pipes up this time, "I won't be a minute." His voice is gentle, but his footsteps aren't. At least he's making an effort. Only Ashido is sitting, curled in the armchair, her eyes closed in peace. Bakugou doesn't blame her. She's been through enough today, what with the villains they had to take down during their goddamn practical training. Ever since the USJ attack, Yuuei has been careful about off-campus training exercises, and even now, some B-list fuckers still managed to appear today.

Kirishima comes back, armed with a plastic cup of water, a straw precariously hanging over the edge. He's smiling gently as he places the cup on Bakugou's bedside and sticks the straw down into the cup awkwardly, because it's floated up, because straws are fucking stupid. As soon as Bakugou goes to reach for the cup, however, he realises that something is very wrong.

As he brings them out from beneath his covers, he finds that his hands are thickly wrapped in bandages - not only bandages, but special Quirk-suppressing bandages they use for little kids who can't control their potentially dangerous Quirks yet. His fingers haven't even been spared. How demeaning. He might actually commit a homicide today.

And the poor nurse who's just followed Kirishima in might just be the victim. She's smiling sweetly, and she's got five different coloured glitter gel pens sticking out of the chest pocket in her scrubs. Bakugou hates her already. He brandishes his hands at her, ready to blow her sky high with whatever explosion emanates from his mouth. He's not going to be able to do much with his hands like this, and he loathes it.

"Good afternoon, Bakugou," she says, and it's just as terrible as he'd anticipated. Her voice is calm and bright and it's too much.

"Why the everloving fuck are my hands-"

"Hey, Bakugou," Kirishima grabs his arm, which he'd hardly realised he'd been flailing around. "Calm down."

"I'm not calm, shitty hair!"

"We know!" Kaminari interjects, and Bakugou can swear he is inches away from turning off his hearing aids, if only his fingers weren't wrapped up like goddamn baby scratch mitts.

"I'm here to tell you exactly what's happening, and I was just about to explain why your hands are wrapped up," the nurse speaks slowly, like he's stupid or something, and it pisses him off. "But if that's going to happen, we need to work together, okay?"