arlo, carter and her sister

it took us half an hour to get to carters house.

she lives five minutes away.

my dad is horrible with directions.

"i'm literally exhausted from the car ride. good job dad." aiden grumbles as we walk up to the front door.

he's not wrong. i could take a fat nap right now. my social meter is already low and the night hasn't even started.

the door flies opens and jackson and stacy black greet my parents. then they turn to aiden and i.

"my god it's been so long. look how grown up you guys are. aiden you're so handsome and arlo you're so pretty. i've missed having you guys running around my house," stacy say as she pulls us in for a hug.

"carter and cassie are upstairs in their rooms you can just go hang out with them until dinners ready."

aiden and i walk up the stairs and realize we have no idea where everyone's room is. i wonder if they all have the same rooms? do people who have lived in the same house their whole life change rooms often? i wouldn't know.

"sooo who should we go see first," aiden asks as he looks around the hall.

"maybe we should go see cassie," i suggest as i walk over to her door.

cassie is carter's twin sister. when we were younger she was never really around. her and cassie were close but they've always been really different. carter was always the sweet and charming one and cassie was always the causing trouble and trying to see how far she could push her luck. she did what she wanted when she wanted. their parents worked a lot like mine but they didn't have any grandparents to watch them so they kind of did whatever they wanted.

it was kinda always just arlo and i. aiden had his own friends and cassie just did her own thing.

"come on let's go see cassie. i totally forgot about her," aiden says as knocks on what i hope is still her room.

the door opens and revels a very different looking cassie.

her once curly long brown hair, is now shorter, way shorter. it reaches her neck and it's curlier now that it's shorter. the baby fat that was on her face is long gone. she's wearing a black sports bra with black basketball shorts. (imagine a more badass version of king princess LMAOO if that's possible)

"holy shit, arlo and aiden astro. it's been like what, ten fucking years?" cassie asks with a smirk on her face.

i don't even need to look at aiden to tell he's drooling. i mean. she's hot. like really hot.

she moves over letting us walk into her room as she continues talking "i deadass just snuck back into the house so that's why i look like this. but what's up? how've you been? you guys look different," she says as she look me up and down with a smirk on her face.

"it's cool, we've been alright i guess. where'd you come from," i ask as i sit on her bed and try to get it together.

"my dreams," i hear aiden whisper.

"i was just with some of my friends at the skatepark around here. i had to sneak out cause my mom said i should be getting ready but it doesn't take me six hours," she laughs. i can tell she was doing more at the skatepark than just skating cause her eyes are red as fuck.

"yo, you skate now. that's sick, so do i. could you show me around some of the skateparks," aiden ask.

"yeah for sure dude. i'll show you what's up," cassie replies before she looks over at me. "what about you, arlo. do you skate?"

aiden and i burst out laughing. "that's funny."cassie looks at us confused. "sorry i'm just really clumsy. i tried to learn once and i almost killed myself."

"aw come on, it's not that bad i swear. you just gotta practice. i'll teach it'll be fun," cassie insists.

i don't remember her being this friendly. when we were younger she never really said anything to me. maybe i should've spent more time with her.

i nod. "yeah okay, let's do it. thanks," i say with a smile. "that's actually really nice. but um, you don't have to do it, i get it if you were just being nice. i don't wanna waste your time."

cassie grabs my face and makes me look at her. "you're not gonna waste my time, i want too. it'll be fun."

i jump in shock as her doors thrown open.

"cassie, can you tell your loser friends to stop texting me. why would you even give him my number?!" carter yells as she types furiously on her phone, clearly not noticing aiden and i.

cassie