- ONE -

"I told you, you better stay prayed up."

Gaulden, K E N T R E L L

He pulled up to the function, already half gone. He wasn't looking for much, other than some fun and a lil baby to leave with.

"Ayee! Wassup Trell? I ain't seen yo ole bow legged ass in a grip!"

"Oh shit, is that Baby Joe?!" They rushed to meet each other, doing their own personal handshake, and laughing out of pure joy afterward. "Mane I ain't 'een know they let you out da pen! You shoulda called a nigga. How you been?"

"Maaaann don't even get me started, I been out for 'bout a week now. I was finna hit you up but a nigga been tryna get adjusted."

Kentrell nodded, completely understanding where his longtime friend was coming from. Hell, he himself had been locked up plenty and knew all about the issues.

"Yeah, I feel you, aye you seen any biddies out here?" Kentrell asked, the thirst evident in his voice.

"I saw Ranada a few minutes ago, she asked bout you," Joe replied, bringing up one of Kentrell's long time flings.

"Nah, I'm ghosting her fa' right na'. She was acting out and I ain't wit 'allat."

Joe just laughed as they continued to walk. Kentrell filled him in on everything that he'd missed since his imprisonment. As Joe soaked in all the information being given, Kentrell spotted someone worth chasing.

"Damn.." he mumbled before smacking his friends chest "Aye Joe, who dat?"

"Who nigga? Old heavy-handed bitch. You know I'm fragile, apologize." The green-haired man winced as he rubbed the sore area. It ain't hurt that damn bad, he was just being extra.

"Him, right there." Kentrell pointed to a small figure in the crowd, ignoring his friend's pain.

"Pretty face, long dreads, white tee?"

"Yuh."

"Oh I'on know, go see"

"Bitch. Aight bet, I'll be back"

They gave each other dap before separating. Kentrell proceeded to shift through the raging crowd, stepping on toes and yelling in frustration. He finally made his way into the main house, he followed the small boy into the kitchen. He fanned around the large room, waiting for the boy to notice him. Much to his surprise, the unnamed dread head just finished fixing his drink and walked out. No "omg it's YoungBoy" or "hey daddy let me suck ya dick"... Kentrell got nothing, not even a glance. This intrigued him, he now longed to be recognized by the unknown boy, he craved the verbal validation that he had grown so accustomed to.

As he awaited his next opportunity he decided to go run game on some girls passing by. Maybe he'll have a drink or two, smoke a lil blunt, just do some simple shit. After getting a few numbers, maybe getting some top, he spotted the boy from earlier outside. He was sitting in the grass near the pool, all alone.