1.4 | "right here"

this book gonna have like 10 more chapters dhsnnxnsms

the showcase was a huge success and jaemin was lucky enough to receive several academic awards

the showcase was a huge success and jaemin was lucky enough to receive several academic awards. jeno also received a music and basketball award. it was overall a great night and jaemin went home with jeno, making sure to talk to renjun on his way out and thank him for bringing his stuff over to jeno's and getting jeno when jaemin was having an anxiety moment.

jaemin woke up the next day to find jeno sitting out the counter as the house was filled with a delicious smell. pancakes to be exact.

"Jen, what is all of this?" jaemin asked curiously as he walked down the stairs enticed by the smell.

"Ta-da! in honor of you making the honor roll I made you pancakes with all your favorite fruit!" jaemin just smiled and thanked the boy for the lovely plate. there were two small pancakes covered in different berries, mangos, banana. he even drizzled it on top with maple syrup.

"you don't have to eat it all I just thought you would enjoy this!"

jaemin was lucky to be able to start eating more so quickly. I mean, every time jaemin wouldn't eat at renjun's, he and his grandma would watch and an episode of k-dramas without him to teach him a lesson, it in a way got him motivated to start eating again.

jaemin took the first bite of the pancake and enjoyed what was on the plate.

"it's pretty good! I mean it's slightly dry and you need more syrup but overall I like them. I could do better though" Jaemin replied, in a snarky yet playful tone.

"wow I try and do something nice for once." jeno scoffed in response.

the two finished up the pancakes and decided to get to school earlier today so they could hang out with chenle and jisung. during the three weeks, jaemin and jeno were not living together, jaemin accidentally became friends with chenle and they ended up getting close. somehow, jeno had no idea until this morning.

"hey, jen! hey jaem!" chenle called out as the two walked across the basketball court at the back of the school, waiting to meet their two friends.

"I still can't believe you guys are friends." jeno laughed.

"We are lowkey a chaotic mess when we're together so we're lucky that you're here to keep us grounded." chenle added, laughing. it was true, when chenle and jaemin are together it's like an entire mess of screaming and yelling. it's kind of entertaining to watch. jisung was kind of embarrassed by them, though.

they just spent the rest of the morning talking and laughing about the stupidest things. especially sehun's new girlfriend, who was slightly special, you could say. they spoke a lot about sehun, how he was so hostile all the time and for some reason thought he was better than everyone because of his age when really, donghyuck was the better player and person.

they didn't understand why he was such a mean person all the time, he was always beating people up and breaking girl's hearts. he wasn't the kind of person anyone would want to be friends with.