two.

two.

    The last he remembered was the the pale shimmer of sweat clinging to her skin like a coat, her body singing a bit louder than the ambient notes sailing smoothly in the air, her eyes bright and shooting stars into the naked, black sky. He remembered painfully the guy she was with, her husband, his skin emanating with burning fervor, his lips scudding gently along the crook of her neck as his hands held tight the small of her waist. He remembered hearing the dulcet murmur of some band called Magic singing softly a song about letting loose and being free, and she just lost it. Swinging her hips this way and that, her ropy arms swaying carelessly with the somewhat softer, lapping breeze. Her husband slowly disentangled his arms from her waist until only his hands were on her hips, controlling her, guiding her, his fingers lightly rapping against her pelvis as he sang the sweet song into her ear...

"Our song," he'd whispered.

    A soggy joint hanging flush between his lips, he rubbed his wrists, congesting his chest with the hot vapor and holding it there for a moment, brooding, sulking. He slowly released the burning smoke, letting it cloud underneath his nostrils and painstakingly recollected the lecherous night afore...

                                             ❀❀

   "Good morning, sir, Mrs. Sparks," Ezra, Marvin's chauffeur murmured, grinning an infectious grin of porcelain and glimmering pearls as he deftly took their luggage and tucked it into the trunk. He looked doubtlessly genteel with his deep auburn quilted sweater, its soft, flaxen filaments clambering halfway up his neck. A pair of dark, raven slacks hung from his hips effortlessly weaving to and fro against his glossy, black brogued captoes. The melancholy Maui dawn bathed his eggshell skin, making him appear remarkably sophisticated while the soft breeze sent his tidal, chestnut tresses frolicking about his head and swinging gently against his eyebrows. You'd think he'd been a Vogue model at first glimpse. "I hope you're honeymoon was a lovely one. Are we prepared to leave?" he asked silkily, his thick, cerise lips grinning that infectious smile of his.

"Yes, Ezra. Everything went well," Marvin murmured starkly, his face austere and almost businesslike while his lips visibly twitched, containing his aching grin. He looked over at Jane and grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers and blowing on her knuckles. He smiled and winked, peering at the two rings nestled around her finger, their promise, kissing them gently. Til death do us part.

    "How are you?" he asked softly.

"Fine."

"I take it you've enjoyed your honeymoon?"

"More than enjoyed, Marvin. You brought me back home, to this place. I haven't been here in years." She paused for a beat, her finger on her lip as she mused over the best three weeks of respite she's ever had. A vacation of fun, love- unconditional love - and pure, raw, endless romance. "And I've never had so much fun. Thank you." Jane tiltled her lips into the most genial of smiles and ran her fingers over Marvin's, gently squeezing as she stared longing into her husband's eyes.

"Mine," he murmured, casting small, chaste kisses along her knuckles. "All mine."

Jane bit her lip, her eyes closed and her heart wilting away, melting with his words. "Yours."

                                                  ❀❀

     The husky, silver clouds were almost visible as the sky still endeavored to wake, bit by bit it's ethereal morsels being stirred. The sun, reluctant as ever, peeled groggily over the horizon, spangling the sky a motley mess of creamsicle oranges and soft maroons entwined with silky periwinkles. Ezra deftly saddled the Audi, domineering it with such easy grace that every picturesque iota of the sky couldn't lapse unseen. Jane idly watched, the clean glass cold and biting into her forehead as the tall buildings wended by, stretching as high as the sky and scraping the smoothly dawdling clouds.