Chapter 8

And here is the finish line, or rather, the mountain, at the top of which grows a tree with a magical fruit. The mountain is very high and steep, on one side of it flows a loud and beautiful waterfall. Its noise can be heard for many kilometers. His appearance is fascinating and at the same time causes fear.

Not far from him, three teenagers were climbing up, led by a brown-eyed blond man, followed by a small blue-haired girl and a fat guy with a large backpack on his back.

Meanwhile, Natsu and Juvia were also climbing up the cliff, but on the other side. Natsu climbed up first. He stood up and dusted himself off, looked around, and couldn't help but sigh with delight. The view from the cliff was incredible.

"How are you, Juvia?" — he asked, sitting on his knees and leaning down carefully. He remembered that juvia had a hard time because of the local climate, and he tried to be attentive to Her.

"I'm all right," - the blue — haired girl waved at him, holding on to the rock with her claws outstretched. - "Go ahead, I'll catch up with you!"

"Are you sure? Are you sure you don't need help? -  Natsu asked anxiously.  -"Whatever you say. I'm waiting for a turn, — with these words he turned the corner.

Immediately climbed to the top and Juvia. Pushing off with her bare feet, she sat down on the ground, catching her breath. Taking a deep breath, she ran her hand over her damp forehead.

— I'm almost exhausted, " she said wearily. — But I don't want to slow Natsu down. I promised myself that I would help him get the miracle fruit. There's not much left, but I don't think I can do it anymore.

"There's nothing left, juvia," said kita, flying beside Her. — You must not give up, especially when victory is at hand.

"You're right," she nodded, sighing softly. Getting to her feet, she brushed off the dark skirts of her dress and tossed her blue ponytails behind her back. — If I can get the miracle fruit and bring it to the Palace, my father and Gerard will not be disappointed, and the king will be saved." Her blue eyes lit up with determination again, and her hands clenched into fists.

When she came to a nearby stream that had been created by a waterfall, she squatted down and scooped water into her hands, letting kit drink first, and then herself. I scooped up some more and splashed it on her face.

"I wonder how Gerard is now?" I hope he and his uncle are all right. I hope he's still waiting for me — " she said softly, looking at her reflection. — As a child, I promised him that I would help and protect him from all dangers, and now, while he is a Prince, and when he becomes king. I remember he even said that he would make me his Queen so that I would always be there for him. Gerard is very nice, " she said, smiling sheepishly and blushing.

"What about Natsu?" kita asked, a little flustered.

- Natsu? juvia looked at Her in surprise. "What do you mean?"

But then both the girls, ixid and the Princess, saw a creature they had never seen before come up behind them. It was blue, with red eyes, bat-like wings, and a yellow crest on its head. It was small, about the size of a four-or five-year-old child, and walked on its hind legs. The front paws were small with sharp claws. One of them held an egg.

"What is it?" Juvia cried out in fright, springing to her feet and holding out her hands, ice crystals beginning to appear between her fingers.

— It's a baby dragon. Don't touch it, " kita flew up to her face, holding her paws out in front of her. — There might be a full-grown dragon nearby, so it's best not to touch it."