Statement

8. Nate Jacobs

Nate felt content, everyone in school was already making rumors about them.

They were rumored to be dating again, which ranged Maddy, she left multiple angry texts from unknown numbers on his phone, but he really didn't care.

He didn't cheat, he simply told her it was over and she couldn't seem to get that.

He headed towards her locker, waiting for her to get out of class, when Kat walked up to him.

"What's the deal with you and Maddy?" She snapped at him.

"Why do you care?" He glared at her.

"Because you're the only person she won't stop talking about and I'm annoyed. Are you back together with your ex ex?"

"We broke up, it's over, now please leave, she's gonna be here soon." Nate pleaded, something he never did.

"So you are." She narrowed her eyes at him, before walking away.

"Annoying," he muttered, his face turning into a smile once he saw the short girl he was looking for.

Who was walking next to the same guy from last week again, Nate rolled his eyes from annoyance, they were walking towards her locker pausing once they saw him.

"I-I'll see you later, Pete?" She raises her brow at him, Pete, the poor guy nodded scurrying away.

"Hi?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"I didn't get to ask you when we would be studying again?"

Studying or working on the project, same shit.

"I have games Fridays and practice at Saturday in the morning. So anytime in between or after."

"Saturday after your practice is fine? Or Friday before your game? It's up to you." He noticed she wasn't as nervous as before, and he felt more content.

"I'll have your hoodie back by tomorrow, I'm washing it tonight." She continued.

"Keep it we're getting new ones either way," he lied.

She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Liar."

It was officially lunch and they were still talking, more like gossiping.

"Just keep it." He insisted.

"Why?" She cocked her head to the side.

"It looks better on you."

She blushed, quickly composing herself, she opened her locker after feeling the weight of he books, she was fucked. She didn't know what game he was playing, but she didn't care, she missed him. And if breaking her heart again was it, she was all for it.

"So Saturday?" She asked him, shutting her locker shut.

"Is 2 fine?"

"Of course, yeah." He nodded quickly, it was Wednesday, three days, he noted.

Three days, he felt giddy.

"You should come to my game." He was pushing his luck, but he didn't care.

"What time is it?" She was thinking about it, she was wrapped around his finger, but he was wrapped tighter around hers, they just didn't know it yet.