°Tuesday°

As Lucas ate his breakfast, luckily with no mention of sex, Jennie wrote a shopping list. She would do her big grocery shop at a time when Lisa was available to look after Lucas, but for today she would just grab the essentials.

"When you've finished, go and grab your shoes," Jennie said to her son as he slurped at the last few drops of his cereal.

"Why?" Lucas asked, narrowing his brown eyes at his mother.

"So we can go out," Jennie answered. "We're going to the store."

"Don't want to."

Jennie looked up from her shopping list and shot her son a stern glare. "We are going to the grocery store , Lucas. Now finish your breakfast so we can go."

Lucas returned Jennies glare with one of his own before he picked his spoon back up and scooped up another helping of cereal. Jennie nodded happily when Lucas moved the spoon towards his mouth, but seconds later her mouth dropped open in shock when her son tipped the spoon over so its contents ran all down his shirt. To an innocent observer it would look at though Lucas had just accidently missed his mouth, but Jennie knew better. Her son had deliberately thrown his cereal down his t-shirt to cause trouble.

"Lucas!" She scolded, snatching his spoon and bowl off him before he could cause any more damage.

"Oops," Lucas said with a shrug of his little shoulders.

"Oops my butt, that was deliberate," Jennie muttered as she grabbed a towel and moved to her son's side. Dabbing at the t-shirt she quickly realised it was no good, her son would have to be changed before they went out.

"Come on mister, up those stairs," Jennie said, clapping her hands together. "We have to get you a fresh t-shirt."

Jennie expected resistance from her son, but much to her surprise he happily jumped from his seat and along with Kuma he went running for the stairs. Jennie was able to move quickly enough so that she reached the hallway before Lucas and the puppy took off up the stairs. Following Lucas up the stairs, Jennie cursed her son for the delay. She was hoping to get to the store and be back well before lunch.

Entering Lucas's room, Jennie found her son had already stripped off his t-shirt and thrown it on the floor. He was just about to do the same with his pants, when she stopped him.

"You don't need to take off your pants," She said. "I'll grab you a t-shirt, you get your new sneakers from the wardrobe."

Picking up Lucas's messy t-shirt, she quickly popped into the bathroom where the laundry basket was and dropped it in before returning to her son's room and finding him a fresh top. With a clean t-shirt in her hand, she turned to her son and found him sitting on the bed holding one of his new sneakers.

"Where's the other one?"

"Can't find it," Lucas replied with a shrug.

"If you've hidden it there'll be trouble," Jennie warned. She was just hoping that Kuma hadn't gotten hold of the shoe and chewed it to pieces.

Wrangling Lucas into his fresh t-shirt, Jennie set off to find her son's shoe. She checked the wardrobe and found no sign of it, so she then checked under the bed and in the toy chest. After looking for ten minuets, Lucas ran out of the room, giggling, to run back in with the shoe, throwing it at her. Jennie frowned and when she picked up the shoe that had landed at her feet, she found it covered in mud.