Chapter One

Another dismal day was drawing to a close; so much had happened... almost too much. Alas! I had survived, well, just about. Now the cold sting of the crisp September evening stabbed at my bare hands, making my knuckles sing. Breathing a sigh of relief, I boarded my train, the prospect of a cozy night in uplifting my mood. 

That was when I saw him. I couldn't see much, mind you, the hood of his jumper was pulled close to his face. From what I could see, it sure was a pretty view if i did say so myself. Yet, despite the lack of visual, I had the urge to discover more. Disregarding the multitude of empty seats on the 8 O'clock train, I confidently situated myself beside the stranger. Without removing his gaze from the floor, he nodded in my direction as a general acknowledgment. 

"The name's Peter." I chirped, offering my hand to him. After what appeared to be a second of hesitation, he gingerly took it a firm but short handshake. "Wade." He continued to stare at the floor. I was reluctant to let go of his (scared but relatively smooth) hand in fear of him ignoring my next question. 

"So Wade?"

"Yes?"

"Where are you heading to on this fine evening?" Wade paused, deliberating whether or not to answer my question, after all, I was a complete stranger. With a quick glance at our still connected hands, he shrugged. "Well," I started, staring at the side of his hood in the hopes of catching his expression, "There's pizza and Netflix at my place, if you want to call it a date?"

In a flash, his head had jerked towards me as he dropped my hand and I caught a glimpse of his handsome features. Before he could turn away from me, I caught his jaw in my hand. Blood rushed to his cheeks as I examined Wade's face, running my fingers over the uneven scaring. "Please don't." He mumbled hesitantly, "This is embarrassing enough; I'm hideous, I know. Now please, just leave me be."

I was shocked at his lack of confidence, "With a handsome face like that, why the hell would I?" 

"STOP! Stop trying to me feel good. It won't work. Stop lying!" Wade yelled in my face, his frustration building as he tried (and failed) to escape my grasp. 

Just then, the train began to slow as it approached the platform I needed. Without giving either one of us a second to hesitate, I grabbed Wade's hand and dragged him out of the train and onto the platform. "What are you doing, you lunatic?!" His anger building once more. Refusing to answer his question, I gripped his hand tighter and effortlessly dragged him from the station and into the busy streets above. "I'm calling the police, this is kidnapping, you know!" I whirled round dramatically to look him dead in the eyes. "Oh really?" I teased, watching the colour drain from his face as a mischievous grin spread across my own, "What if I did this?" 

In one swift movement I had grabbed the back of his neck, pulling his face towards mine as I planted a kiss on his plump, unscared lips. I felt Wade freeze under the initial impact, however, after some time, he began to deepen the kiss. As he moved closer, I could feel his toned muscles under his jumper. Within seconds, his body was pressed against mine, the proximity setting every single nerve in my body on fire. I pulled back to catch my breath causing a pained whimper to escape from Wade's now swollen lips. 

It may have only been a 5 minute walk from the train station to my apartment building but it seemed to take forever! By the time we made it into the elevator the tension between us had built up to the point that, as soon as the doors slid shut, I was pinning him against the elevator wall. I kissed him slow at first, licking and nipping at his bottom lip, asking for entry. When he finally let me in, my tongue slid past his lips and deepened the kiss. I pressed my whole body against him, feeling the hardness within his pants; I rocked my hips into his hoping to gauge a reaction... it worked.