Chapter 2: Training

I woke up in a sea of white and for a second thought I had died and gone to heaven. I climbed my way out of the mess of sheets and pillows that I had made as I slept. I could smell breakfast down stairs and hoped I could grab a bit to eat before I left. I was still wearing Kat's clothes she had given me and because my old clothes were thrashed from wear and tear, I decided I'd keep these. I put on my leather jacket over the tank top and slipped my boots on.

Coming down stairs, everyone greeted me and for just a split second, I felt a sense of belonging. But alas, we don't belong anywhere. We were on the run and we needed to keep moving.

I noticed the alpha wasn't in the kitchen. I couldn't hear or smell him in the house and wondered if he didn't come back after last night.

"He's on a border patrol with Kat." Kalvin said, seeming to have noticed me looking for him. As he said this, that stupid feeling of jealousy got to me again. "He said to keep you here until he got back."

"No, he isn't my alpha and he can't tell me to stay. I'm going to eat and then I'm going to leave, dammit." Kalvin put his hands up in surrender and chuckled.

"Wow, you really don't like Ty do you?" He asked.

"No, I really don't. He's a cocky, arrogant, self-righteous assh--"

"Good to know." The alpha cut me off, obviously coming in at the most inconvenient time. I rolled my eyes and turned around to face him. "Look, we have a problem, rogue. As much as I want your ass gone, the clans got wind of you bouncing through territories and causing trouble, without a border pass." He seemed cold and distant, rather than his usual cocky, playful self. I had to admit it, but it stung a bit to hear him say he wanted me gone. However, it confirmed my suspicions for his ulterior motives last night.

"Bar brawls are gonna happen whether I'm there or not, how am I causing any more trouble than some human looking for a fight?"

"Humans don't have the clans to answer to, you do." He said, matter-of-factly. "So, the clans have requested that I keep an eye on you until they get here and trial you."

"Trial? What the hell? Listen Alpha, there's a reason I don't have a border pass. There's a reason I'm a rogue. There's a fucking reason I have to get out of here. Just let me go on my way, fuck, give me a map on how to avoid anyone's territory and I'll follow it."

"What are those reasons?" He said calmly but curiously, raising an eyebrow ever so slightly.

I looked at everyone in the pack, staring at me, waiting for a response. I'd be dammed if I told them when it's none of any of their goddamn business. I stayed silent and I could tell he was becoming frustrated.

"Come with me to my office--"

"No."

"Now." His voice boomed and the wolf in me whimpered and I felt the primal need to submit to the alpha.

I followed him through many long hallways to the opposite side of the mansion and into his office. He closed the door behind us.

"This room is sound proof so there are no prying wolf ears." He said and sat in his chair behind his large oak desk. I paced near the window, looking outside like a caged animal. "Who are you, what are you running from?" I remained silent. "Either you tell me, or you tell the clans when you are put on trial. You know what they do to those on trial that don't cooperate."

"Actually, I don't." I snapped. "I don't know about any of this shit." His eyes widened slightly as I said this. He stood and got closer to me, sniffing the air.

"Just a pup... My senses must have been clouded... But that can't be..." He trailed off, looking at me. "How?" He seemed genuinely fascinated.

"I-I'm not completely sure. As far back as I can remember, he kept me locked up because I was scared and confused and didn't know where I was. All I could remember was my name. He..." I trailed off as my mind wandered back to that dark place. Only feeling a warm touch when he would allow me to come out and be of use to him. My hand subconsciously wandered to my hip. Alpha Reius noticed and grabbed my tank top, pulling it up to expose the large claw mark scars trailing from my back to my hip. I quickly grabbed my tank top back from him and pulled it down. When I looked at him again, his eyes were almost black rather than their usual stormy grey. "A witch. He had help from a witch. He transformed me and made me his mate once it was done." I say, recalling being strapped down to a table and drenched with someone or something else's blood and a various other liquids. I remember an enchantment, or whatever you would call it, being spoken. And then I remember him marking me as his.