Prologue Don't you shiver?

All things must die. That's the number one universal truth. All things big and small would one day perish. From dust to dust and all.

The only difference was in the 'how' and the 'when'.

Did I picture myself dying like this? My 'how' and 'when'?

Hell – sorry, scratch that – heaven's no!

I wasn't planning on meeting Death so early in my life. I was only twenty-six! I had barely lived my life. I strongly believed my time was still many decades away.

And yet, here we were. Death and me. Face to face. Neither of us blinking. Only my lips trembled. Half-formed prayers escaped in silent gasps.

My logical mind knew that no amount of tears, prayers, pleading or bargaining had any effect on Death. It will take without compunction what is due to it.

Simple. Black and white.

But, sitting with my hands and feet bound, looking into the eyes of a man intent on killing me, I wanted to beg and plead and bargain.

Not now, Death. Not yet. Just a little longer. Or a lot longer. Just not NOW!

Ironically it was death that had led me here, to this place, on this night.

My initial purpose to come back to this town had been, much like Mark Antony's, to bury someone. Mybeloved grandmother or as I fondly called her — Amachi. 

Would I change things knowing how it would all end? Would it matter?

Maybe all the roads I had taken had led me to this point.

Destiny? Shitty stuff, that. It gave such little room for choice.

All I know is that two months ago, I had a completely different future planned. But like they say — the best laid plans . . .

Yeah, the Fates, they were cackling. I could hear them.

The bitches.

***

A/N: What was Tara doing all trussed up and looking into the eyes of her would be killer?

How did she land herself into such hot soup?

Stay with me and let me lead you into the crazy world of Tara.

Hope you enjoy reading this. I will upload new chapters once in two days.

Chapter Title taken from the song, Shiver by Coldplay.

Please, don't forget to vote and do leave your reviews. :)

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this work may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from me.

This is a wok of fiction. All characters in this book are fictitious and bear no resemblance to any person dead or alive.