2

The first day goes by in a flash, but everywhere I go I find myself looking for her. The girl with the dark hair and the eyes like spruce sap. Her broad shoulders and muscular arms crossed in front of her, her fingers playing with the chain that hangs below her collar.

I'm lost in my own thoughts when a palm hits my desk. My head flashes up to see Gigi standing there, the one person besides Alex today who had made an effort to talk to me.

"There's a party tonight and you're coming with me." I shake my head, my stomach fluttering with nervous butterflies. I glance around the classroom, noticing all the subtle stares from my classmates and creepy gazes from future frat boys.

"Yeah I don't know if that's really my scene." Nick never allowed me to go to parties, he didn't want other guys around me.
Suddenly spite fills me.
"Actually, what time?" A mischievous grin lights her lips, as she kisses the top of my head.
"You're not gonna regret this blondie!"

Gigi has a massive black jeep, the entire inside glowing with LED lights. She hands me a starbucks cup and I take a sip, coughing gently.
"What is this?"

"It's vodka red bull Sandy." Says Marianna from the backseat, laughing, her eyelids glittering with blue shimmer. They'd been making Grease references all night. She combs her hands through her long dark hair and I grin, I long to know what it would feel like to feel so effortlessly free.

"Oh my god, Mia, look at the text I just got from Alex." Gigi and Alex apparently have been fucking on and off since freshman year, which is way more information than I wanted to know about preppy Alex but the information imparted on me was not by choice.

I look down at her phone and the text says, "Jordan tagged Mia."

"Who's Jordan? What does 'tag' mean?" The car goes silent and as I look around Marianna and Gigi both have their mouths hanging wide open.

"What?"

"No one has told you? We just assumed-"

"Can you spit it out please?"

Gigi giggles. "Jordan is Alex's sister. Their dad owns Wilder Gems, they excavate jewels in South America. They're billionaires. The Wilder family has so much money they probably pull it out of their asses at this point." My eyes widen as Marianna chimes in.

"There's three more brothers. Ace, the oldest he's in his second year at USC, Christian- he's a senior, and Jack- who's a sophomore I think?" Gigi nods in confirmation.
"Anyways, Jordan is the only sister."
"She might as well be a brother." Gigi snorts and Marianna punches her in the shoulder rolling her eyes.

"Gigi is way too straight ignore her. Jordan is so fine. And she tagged you, which means, no ones allowed to hit on you." Mariana says.
Gigi drums her hands on the steering wheel, grinning.
Jordan
The girl with eyes like topaz.

"Which means! She likes you. She hasn't tagged a girl in forever."

I grin to myself. A girl? I'd had flings with girls before but I'd never found one I was genuinely attracted to. But then again, maybe I was looking in all the wrong places.
I grin into my lap.

"Blondie... Are you a woman lovin woman?" Asks Gigi, flipping her braids over her shoulder.

"Not that it's important but yes." Gigi swerves on the road as she throws her arm around me.

"Finally! A gay best friend!" I laugh hysterically as we finally come up on the kind of mansion you only see in movies. It's huge, with massive windows and a driveway that has to be at least 400 meters long leading from the gate.