Chapter One

Sophie lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling like it was the most beautiful thing in the entire world. Well, besides Keefe. Wait, what?!

She groaned, screaming into her pillow. A moment later, the door swung open and a crisp voice said, "Hey Soph."

Sophie sat up, staring at the teal eyed elf who happened to be her boyfriend. "Hey Fitz."

He strolled to her side, sitting on the bed and taking her hand. "So, how's my little Vackerette?"

She forced a smile, cringing on the inside at the stupid nickname he'd given her. Keefe was much better at making nicknames. "I'm fine, Fitz."

"Well, I have a little surprise for you!"

"Oh?"

Fitz smiled, standing and pulling her down the stairs. Once they reached the bottom step, a knock echoed off the front door.

Sophie looked him, pleading with her eyes to let her answer the door. He smiled and let go of her hand. "Go on Sophie."

She blushed and rushed to open the door to find Keefe running a hand through his gorgeously done hair. His eyes sparkled as he hugged her and said, "Hey Foster. What's up?

Sophie blushed, earning a snicker from Keefe. "Nothing. Come on in."

He strolled in like he owned the place. Probably because someday he would. Argh! Stop thinking like that Soph!

"Well, if it isn't Fitzy?" Keefe teased as he sat on one of the plush couches, propping his feet up.

Fitz flashed a smile. "Sup Keefe."

"So what are you doing here with the great Foster?"

Fitz looked especially smug as he bragged, "Showing Sophie a little surprise I made for her."

Keefe's mask faltered for a split second. "Oh. Coolio."

"Yup. C'mon Soph." Fitz held out his hand and Sophie sighed as she took it. Before they could even leave the house, Sophie's Imparter started ringing.

"Keefe, I swear!" Sophie laughed as she pulled out her Imparter.

Keefe laughed, holding up his hands. "I would never bother the mighty Foster. Especially since she's on a date."

He winked at the last part, earning a blush from Sophie. Fitz looked a tiny bit irritated as Sophie answered the call.

"Forkle?"

"Hello Miss Foster," Mr. Forkle greeted, nodding at Fitz.

She didn't really know what to say. The Black Swan never hailed her. "So...what's up?"

Mr. Forkle looked around nervously before saying, "There's been a development."

"In what?"

"In Sophie's love for me!" Keefe called from the couch. Fitz shot him a death glare and Sophie wanted to internally agree. Hold on..

Sophie rolled her brown orbs. "Ignore him. As you were saying?"

"We need you to meet at the Vacker's. ASAP. All your questions will be answered then."