An unexpected surprise

Note from the Writer: I would like to explain that Nathalie and Gabriel have been dating for a couple of months; because of the peacock miraculous, they thought Nathalie was completely sterile, considering the number of times she used it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Nathalie was still enjoying the effects of a very lovely night, as Gabriel was asleep beside her. Although it was hard to find time together with Adrien still at home, they still managed to enjoy the company of each other every week or two.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Nathalie lay curled up sobbing on the floor of her living room, with the pregnancy test still in hand that displayed two apparent lines.

How could she tell Gabriel..they were dating only four months, how could she tell him.

She looked down at her bump, the one reason she did check.

The bump was small enough to hide behind her sweater and blazer. She must have been about two or maybe three months along. At least she can hide it until she can muster up enough courage to tell Gabriel. He'll find out sooner or later; she works for him, for crying out loud, he's going to see her every day.

It could ruin Gabriel and his image; she couldn't do it.

Nathalie thought ignoring her current state would be fine until she could get ready for everything...

She just needed to sleep; it's all she wanted... Despite being fully clothed and mascara staining her face.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Nathalie got up at 3:30 in the morning; she couldn't get any sleep anyway... She avoided looking at the positive pregnancy test still lying on her living room floor.

She didn't want to leave him or be alone again; she swiftly made her way to the bathroom.

"I'm such a wreck..." Nathalie looked at herself in the mirror, noting her skin's tint and puffy eyes.

Nothing was working. At least the bump wasn't any bit visible to the naked eye.

Nathalie left at about 4:25. There was very little traffic, so she arrived at 5:00 sharp, an hour or two early.

She got started on extra work nobody wasn't up and sending emails yet. She busied herself with Adrien's dietary regime. Managing to get two months planned out was a considerable accomplishment considering Gabriel didn't want him having anything twice in the same month.

Gabriel didn't even come in for another hour.

"Nathalie, you startled me. I wasn't expecting you to be here so early.." Gabriel had his hand on his chest.

"I just felt like getting an early start, Gabriel.." She forced a smile on her face trying to calm Gabriels worrying tendency.

"Honey, you look exhausted; take a bit of break, okay?" Gabriel walked up behind her, putting his hands on her shoulders to give her a massage.

"I'm fine," she replied coldly, trying to be as delicate and stern as possible.

"Okay..just take it easy, my Nathalie." He knew how to pick his battles and, he never wanted to pick one with Nathalie.

He went back to his podium, "Nathalie, people have been asking for more maternity clothes. What's your idea of the matter?"

She immediately started freaking out, but she composed herself quickly, "Well, I wouldn't know much, but if you have time before you have to start worrying about the Spring line, you could design a few items."

"Okay then," Gabriel started drawing a couple of maternity dress sketches while keeping a close eye on Nathalie. The way she's been acting has been worrying him she got to work who knows how many hours early, she'd been holding her midsection many times, constantly looking down to check something.

After a couple of hours, impending nausea came over Nathalie, she had been getting this a lot, but she assumed it was just the effects of the peacock miraculous. It was morning sickness which explained a lot.

"Oh god..." Nathalie clamped her mouth shut as she pinched herself, trying to stop it.

"Hon-" He was interrupted by her dashing out of the room to which he followed after her.

When they reached the bathroom, Nathalie threw up the rest of her dinner or lunch yesterday. Gabriel stayed there to comfort her; he was very concerned.

"Nathalie, please take the rest of the day off; you're not well."

"I am fine," she snapped before she held her midsection in pain.

"Your not. I am your boss, and we're also a couple; you're taking the day off, and I'm going to take care of you." Gabriel's tone hardened.

She reluctantly nodded her head in agreement, worried that he might find out. She didn't know how to tell him or would he even like what was happening inside her. Gabriel's relationship with Adrien was not completely fixed; how could she tell Gabriel she was pregnant.