Jake's Not The Same

Izzy's POV
Over the past week, Jake wasn't his normal self again. He was throwing stuff at us, if we got on his nerves.

"Hey Jake, we should talk. Look, you're not acting like yourself and you hit Cubby a couple of days ago but you're throwing stuff at us now. Seriously what has gotten into you?" Skully explained to Jake but Jake looked angry at him. Me and Cubby were standing at the doorway. All of a sudden, Jake punch Skully in the stomach and he grabbed him and threw him to the ground. Me and Cubby were shocked. Cubby ran away from it all.

"Izzy...help me..." Skully whispered while I ran over to him and took hold of him in my arms. I looked at Jake.

"Jake, why did you punch Skully?" I asked him.

"Just showing him the answer he asked me." Jake said before he turned around and walked away.

"Don't worry Skully. Me and Cubby are going to take care of you." I exclaimed while I fast walked to our bedroom with Skully in my arms. I saw Cubby was sitting on his bed.

"Cubby are you okay?" I asked him as he climb down the ladder on his and Jake's bunk'd bed.

"I'm scared...what if Jake's never going to be the same ever again...?" Cubby asked me. I really didn't know how to answer it.

"I'm sure he will...maybe he's just going through a bad time and we just need to give him space." I exclaimed as I laid Skully down on my bed.

"It's a good thing, I always keep the first aid kit underneath my bed." I exclaimed as I crouched down to get my first aid kit.

I looked at his stomach and I realised that it was bleeding a bit.

"Okay Skully, it looks like that your stomach is bleeding a bit but I'm going to bandage your stomach." I exclaimed as I gently put the bandage on his stomach and I placed the ice pack on his stomach as well.

"That should help Skully." I said.

"Thanks Izzy. I don't know what we would do if you weren't here." Skully exclaimed while I smiled.

"Aww thanks Skully. I am going to protect you guys from Jake." I exclaimed as I hugged them.

Then we heard footsteps coming up the stairs and to our room. I was scared. My heart was beating fast.

"Oh so you're going to protect them but what about you? Are they going to protect you? I can't see that. Only I could protect you but that's not going to happen." Jake exclaimed while I was breathing rapidly. I was gulping not knowing what to do. Then Jake put his hands on a chair.

"IZZY!! WATCH OUT!!" Cubby screamed for me as I turned around shocked to see Jake throwing a chair at me. I screamed and jumped onto my bed to protect myself, Cubby, and Skully. Cubby was grabbing onto my waist and not wanting to let go. He was shaking. Then Jake left.

"Izzy. I'm terrified." Cubby exclaimed as he hugged me while crying onto my chest while I hugged him back, protectively.

"Me too." Skully said as he rest against my lap.

I didn't want to say that I was scared as well because I had to be strong for them. If I have to fight Jake then I will.

"Cubby, you can sleep with me tonight. What about you Skully." I said as Cubby nodded.

"I'm going to sleep in my nest." Skully exclaimed as he flew up to his nest above my bed. Me and Cubby got changed into our pjs.

"Here Cubby, you can cuddle onto my teddy bear, if you get scared tonight." I said as I passed him my teddy bear as we got into my bed.