The Jade and The Lotus: Swan Song.

Hi beautiful people,

Manipulative Wei Wuxian...let's do it! It is only because of miscommunication between those two idiots!

I was thinking the other day that Nie Huaisang has a lot in common with Don Diego De La Vega.

Kuto kingdom is basically a giant mafia organisation.

Enjoy!

General Pov.

"Are you certain? How far along?" Lan Wangji asked clearly shaken by the news and yet, he felt joy.

"One-month-old, Your Majesty. I could distinctly feel a second heartbeat." The imperial physician reassured.

The emperor heaved a relieved sigh and a gentle smile appeared on his face as he was caressing his sleeping mate's hand possessively.

"I hope you will prescribe a medication that will keep the Empress from hurting himself and the baby. This new pregnancy will remind him of A-Yuan's absence so he will be agitated."

"Hum...Your Majesty is suggesting a tonic?" The imperial physician asked hesitantly, not sure how to interpret the emperor's words.

Lan Wangji's glare made him trembled in fear.

"I want the Empress to worry only about the well-being of our child and himself. Nothing else, understood?"

Frightened the imperial physician nodded hurriedly avoiding to look into the emperor's eyes.

"This servant will do as ordered."

"Leave us." He dismissed the older physician who obeyed without being told twice.

Ling Min has served three emperors. He hadn't been the one who helped to deliver Lan Xichen but he has assisted the previous physician in chief of the imperial palace. He had also witnessed how Qingheng-Jun had ordered the poor man to be executed for touching the empress indecently, despite the physician had saved both mother and child from death. In a jealous fit, emperor Qingheng-Jun had forbidden his mate from stepping outside no matter the elders Lans' protests. Also, he understood right away what the emperor asked of him.

To drug the omega in order to keep him docile.

With a grim face, he retired to the medical ward.

Lan Wangji stared at his mate silently, watching him mumbled something in his sleep until he blinked his eyes opened.

"L...Lan Zhan? What happened? I...I had a nightmare. Something awful...you..." The omega rambled, his mind still muddled in sleep.

"Wei Ying, careful. You are expecting."

"I am pregnant?" He stared at his mate with wide eyes, a faint smile on his red lips only for it to disappear as he was retreating away from his mate. " You killed them." It was more a statement than an accusation but the sentence felt heavy in his tongue.

"Wei Ying, your pregnancy is more important at the moment." The alpha climbed on the bed, catching and bringing his mate closer to him as the latter tried to break free from his arms.

"Let go! Don't touch me!"

"Wei Ying, you need to calm down. Your pregnancy is difficult because of the stress."

The omega's face was scrunched up in anger as he was trying to push his husband off him.

"I can't be pregnant! My heat was..." He stopped short, his eyes staring in the open with a confused frown.