the day the string met (a convention)

jon, someone who has always disliked the idea of his soulmate string. everyone else in his life seemed to be ecstatic about the idea of finding their soulmates who shared the same string as them. jon, however, was not. he has never seen the end of his string and he thinks he never will. that was until one day, the day he went to vidcon.

(note: this was finished for a while just rotting and never published because I thought people would care about the speed of when i published shit... if u did, i'm sorry but here it is like three ? months later during lockdown because this is the best time to write fanfiction amiright

ALSO TOMMY IS THEORETICALLY IN THIS HE JUST DOESN'T TALK BECAUSE I CAN'T WRITE TOMMY FOR SHIT)

all of his life, jon was always told how long his string was. his answer was always the same; "it just means fate wants me to work hard in order to find my soulmate." and always got somewhat of the same response. despite people asking him nowadays if he thinks he's been waiting too long, he always says no.

today, he sits on his bed, slightly tugging at his string. he prays and prays today would be the day he finally meets his soulmate. his back flopping onto the bed with a thud, he lets out a big sigh.

"WHY DOES FATE NOT WANT ME TO BE GAYLY GAY!?! UGhH" he shouted with a groan. he stared at his string with disgust and soon begins to growl under his breath. he quickly sits up after hearing his phone buzz; it was a text from cory! the group would be going to vidcon, located in california, and since all the guys lived too far away, the group decided to go to the same airport; located in jon's state (that i don't know, which is why i'm just using their name and then state hahaha)

cory:

we r outside nerd

beep beep bitch

cory's message read, which made jon snicker slightly. he grabs his suitcase and heads outside eagerly. the idea of seeing his online friends for the first time in person fills him with joy; along with seeing his online friends, he hopes this day would be the day he meets his long awaited soulmate. nick, his best friend of almost a full five years now, has also shared how far he noticed his string goes. as well as his best friend, nick doubles as the guy jon hopes is at the other end of his string.

"ok jon.. you can do this..." he takes a deep breath and grabs his suitcase. a smile grows on his face as he stares at his string as he heads down his stairs.

"please don't fail me." he closed his eyes, opened the door, and revealed his red string leading towards the inside of cory's car that was on the sidewalk, he nearly passed out just then. his eyes widened as tears pricked the brims of his eyes as he started to run, leaving his luggage on the doorstep and his front door ajar.

"holy shit holy shit holy shit " jon repeated under his breath as he ran, reaching the car and pressing his face up against the widow of the back seats. from inside, he could hear howling laughter coming from uni and cory in the front seats, as he could see a nervous, red-eared nick with his head in his hands. he instantly felt warmth go through his body as nick looked up at him with a sheepish grin. he opened the car door, stood up on the curb in front of jon, and stuck out his hand; with a red string that connected to jon's. in jon's brain was chaos; his crush for almost a year was standing right in front of him and their string was meeting, he was also blushing intensely since he didn't realize nick would be a thousand times hotter in person.

"i... you... uh." jon started.

"yeah! i'm your soulmate!" nick responded nervously, putting his hand behind his neck. as he moved his hand, jon noticed how their string immediently expanded. he snickered at that slightly and nick's face instantly grew confused.

"heyyyy, don't laugh at me, they're literally 'strings of fate' gee, sorry if i'm not your type!" nick slowly looked down at his feet, clearly trying to hide his panic. jon

"wAIt nO! i-" jon sighs at himself. "i'm sorry, i really like you i just-" jon groaned outwardly, startling nick slightly. soon, it's nick's turn to start laughing.

"i'm glad because i like you too!" nick smiled, cupping jon's cheek with the stringed hand. jon's face grew red as he looked up at him in disbelief.

"wh- really?" he asked.

"OH MY GOD, YES, YOU BLIND IDIOT!" uni's voice shouted from the inside of the car, pressing his face against the passenger seat window. nick looked at uni with a look that said "r u fuckin kidding me rn?" in his eyes. cory aggresively honked the car horn leaving the two boys outside the car scared shitless, and the two other boys inside the car laughing their asses off.

"stop canoodling out there and get in the damn car already!" it was cory's turn to shout from the car, causing the two to jump slightly.

"canoodling?" jon questioned quietly. nick looked at him and smiled.

"yeah, we should probably just get in the car... oh, and don't forget your luggage."

"oh! thanks, babe." jon quickly turned and walked swiftly to get his suitcase left by his open door and was soon filled with internal regret as he turned back to see nick smirking widely. shit.

"babe, already? that was fast." nick said as he looked back at jon who slowly made his way back to the car, red-faced.

"i - uhh-" jon was quickly cut off by nick placing his lips on jon's. as soon as they parted, nick grabbed jon's stringed hand and squeezed it. nick stared at jon deeply in the eyes for a breif second of silence until his lips parted.
"shut up." he said in a loving tone, which jon cackled at. long awaited, the two finally got in the car which cory obviously let out a "fINALLY" as they closed the door.

"let's go to vidcon!" jon exclaimed happily.

"no, jon, we're going to the airport!" uni responded.

"let's go to the airport!" 

fin because i want this garbage to end 

this was a bad idea because i feel physically uncomfortable when reading the old chapters 

thank u to those who actually read this book lmao bye