Chap 21

"George Smith?" A doctor called out. Natasha, Tony, Blake and I stood up in unison, staring at the doctor with full hope and worry in our eyes.

"How's he?" Natasha broke out first.

"He's alright, we manage to get him back on track and he's sleeping now. He did lose lots of blood, but you bring him here just on time, although from what I've seen it has been several hours since he starts losing his blood, you still did a great job at saving him and bring him to us."

"Is he... is gonna be okay?" I asked carefully.

"Yes, he will. I put him on IV and blood transfusion, so he'll be just fine. Some headache here and there would be expected and his body also going to be more tired than usual, it's gonna take two days at most for him to be back to normal. Visitors are allowed two at the same time."

"Thank you, doctor," The four of us said, smiling gratefully at him. He nodded his head as he returned our smile before he excused himself.

"You guys can go first," I said to Tony and Natasha.

"No, Reece... You go in first. A bird told us that you guys have some things to clear."

"Are you sure? He's your son"

"It's fine. You can go now, lover boy." Tony said, patting my shoulder gently. I give them my grateful smile before rushing to the door.

I put my hand on the doorknob, freezing in place suddenly. A wave of nervousness out of the blue embraced me, making me re-think about this decision. Am I ready to face him? Am I ready to talk to him, facing the whole truth and listen to the whole story? Am I ready to be dumped with the whole news? Lots of questions about 'am I this and am I that' flew in my mind, making me even more nausea.

"Are you going to come in or just stand there all day?" Blake said startling me. I snapped my head towards him, seeing him smirking on my way. I shrugged my shoulder hesitantly because I don't even know if I'd rather stay here all day or go inside.

"Nervous, aye?"

"Yeah, a bit"

"Just act normal, don't touch the subject unless he brings it up."

"'lright..."

"Go then" Blake ushered me, chuckling lightly. I inhaled deeply, exhaling it slowly before finally turn the doorknob. Alright, let's do this.

I opened the door slowly, seeing George was wide awake now, his surprised expression was so noticeable. I smiled timidly at him as I made my way towards the bed after closing the door. I stood timorously beside the bed, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Reece?"

"Hey..." I waved my hand awkwardly at him, the same timid smile still on my face.

"Thanks for being here," He said, smiling tenderly at me.

"It's alright, how are you feeling?"

"My body's sore, my head's thumping like it's going to explode, and my throat hurts as fuck"

"At least you're conscious now" I state matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, that too" It was awkward after that since none of us knows what to say. Well, I do know what I wanna say, but Blake said don't touch it or bring it up before George does it first, so I go try my best to keep my mouth sealed.

"I'm sorry"

"Pardon?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, for everything..."