Chapter 1: Homecoming

Of all the times for her truck to break down it had to choose that moment. Sighing, the driver of the purple, four dour Chevy Silverado, pulled over on the side of the highway. After shutting it down, she looked at the time and swore under her breath. 10:13 pm. Her instincts told her that it was dangerous to be walking at this time of night but what else could she do. She was only about 2 miles away from town.

Her mind made up, she grabbed her backpack and began shoving stuff into it. Once she had everything else, she hopped out of the truck and grabbed her handgun from under the seat. After sticking it in the back of her waistband, slinging the backpack on her back, and locking up her truck, she began walking. She had only gotten a short distance when the storm hit. Great...now not only was she taking a risk walking by herself at night, she was doing so in a thunderstorm.

Luckily, the storm blew over quickly. The woman continued her journey. All of her senses were on high alert. Every little sound caused her to jump and look around. On more than one occasion, she had reached for her gun but then saw it was only some leaves blowing across the road or a small animal nearby.

"Calm down. You are better than this. You can handle yourself. Just keep walking and get to your ass there." She told herself.

Her walk remained uneventful for about 20 minutes. Then she heard a familiar sound. The sound of a motorcycle coming from behind her. This time, she pulled her gun out and kept it down to her side. Just in case. She could not afford to be too relaxed. Caution was how she stayed alive. She didn't want to seem too paranoid but didn't want to keep her back to whoever was headed her way. Therefore, she did the only thing she could think of. She squatted down so that she was facing the road and thus could see the approaching motorcycle in her peripheral vision, and pretended to fix her shoelaces.

As the bike approached and pulled up beside her, she noticed the kutte the rider was wearing and relaxed. He was a member of SAMCRO but not one she recognized. Her luck was finally looking up. She just had to turn on the charm.

.....................................................................................................................

Juice was heading back into Charming when he saw a redheaded woman walking down the road. She had a backpack on her back and was sexy as hell. Without hesitating, he pulled up by her and stopped. The redhead looked up at him and flashed him the cutest smile ever. Juice didn't know what was happening but he felt his heart skip a beat when she smiled at him.

"Well hello there, Fella! I didn't think I'd see anyone else on this road tonight." The redhead said, smiling up at him.

"Just headed back home to Charming. What's a sexy girl like you, doing out her all alone? It's not safe." Juice replied, climbing off his bike and offering his hand to help her back to her feet. She took the offered hand and let him pull her to her feet.

"My truck broke down and I had no choice but to walk. I thought my luck was terrible tonight but it just might be changing. I was heading to Charming when it broke. It's too dark out here to try to fix it, so I decided to walk. It was that, or stay the night in my truck on the side of the road." She answered, giving him her sweetest smile.

"Well then, it's your lucky night after all. My name's Juice and I can give you a ride if you'd like. I'm sure we can get someone at TM to come tow your truck back to the shop for ya. If you need to, you can crash in a room at the clubhouse for the night." Juice said.

She smiled brightly and giggled. "Pleasure to meet you, Juice. I'm Charlotte. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd appreciate it. TM is Teller-Morrow, right?"