Dead Child

This is a story of a little boy who died. He, like most boys, loved fun. He dreamed of it, he thought of it, he imagined it, and even imagined himself having it. But this little boy was never able to have fun. He was to be locked away in a faraway castle room for all of his life. His parents thought this was best for him, for a threatening demon roamed the land. The demon wanted nothing but human soul.

The boy grew too curious for his own good, and one day, he set out a plan to escape. He was going to run past the guards and the family members who he thought hated him. and so he set out a plan. He waited and stared and countless blank walls for countless days.

And so the day had finally come. The day he was to see his escape plan fall into place. He wrapped himself in warm clothes and took as many recourses as possible with him. He gathered food from many days of saving up and sleeping hungry. He sneaked out his bedroom doors and ran down the empty hallways that were once filled with laughter and joy.

Many hallways later, he had reached the front doors to the castle. He had no hesitation and could not wait to leave. So, he opened the doors and ran. He ran as fast as his legs could cary him. Until he became weak. He stopped about a mile from his old home and looked at it one last time, before he ran once again.

It had reached sundown now, and he was growing hungry. Surely they have recognized his absence and by now are sending people out to find him. He settled in a small old cottage and placed all his belongings on a table that was soon to be non existent.

He ate just a small amount of the bread that he had with him an decided to go and rest. He quickly fell into a deep sleep, feeling relieved he was now free.

The boy did not wake up that morning. The demon woke up that morning.