chapter 11

The table she often ate dinner with Sasuke and Naruto with was adorned with a red felt fabric that looked soft to the touch, and a pair of candles sat in the center, lit despite the sun still shining strong. The plates her and Naruto had washed hours ago sat neatly on square napkins flanked by silverware.

She blinked, sniffing at the air that was thick with spices and sauces, it was a very distinctive smell that she had suffered far too many times; Sasuke's cooking. While her sister was talented in many aspects of life, she also lacked in pretty much everything domesticated, this was especially true for cooking. Not that her sister's cooking was bad it was just...interesting.

A sizzle came from the kitchen and the tale tell scent of red wine was added to the unusual odor that now permeated the house. It'd take weeks to get the scent out of the house, and it'd be easier just to destroy whatever pan Sasuke was ruining.

"I think," She paused reaching down to pick up one of the lit candles. It was a round scented candle that Sakura had given Sasuke for her birthday last year, the kind meant for a path or for a quiet night, not dinner, the other candle was at least decorative. "I think they're trying to seduce me."

The thought of that accidental kiss with Naruto had her face flush as her heart began to flutter especially when she mixed in his parting words to her. It got even worse when she remembered what Sasuke had tried to do a few hours ago. Maybe she should just go back to bed and skip dinner?

That sounded like a great idea, that way she could just stay in there until Naruto and Sasuke stopped taking crazy pills. She should hurry before -

The air shifted, colors became warmer, more vibrant. This was the effect Naruto had on her now, how had she not noticed it before?

"How was your nap?" Naruto asked pulling out a chair and making a sweeping gesture with his arms. His hair was still wet, and he smelled really clean and good. A tight black shirt clung to his torso almost like as second skin, reminding her of how well she remembered his body when they went to the lake. They should do that again.

She took the seat, hands in her lap, and stared at the spot across from her occupied only by the wall. She was going to be flanked by Naruto and Sasuke. No escape, not a chance, not now. She adjusted her silverware the smallest amount before her hands retreated to her lap once more. What was she going to do? "It was nice, thank you."

Naruto's hands fell to her shoulders, his thumbs digging in and working at her muscles in a way that was painful at first but then quickly began to feel good. "Wow, you're tense, don't worry, just give me a bit, I'll loosen you up."

Why did this feel good? What was he doing? Why didn't she understand? How did him knowing that she was in love with him change the meaning behind his every action? Wait, he really was seducing her! They hadn't even eaten, wasn't this too soon?

"What are you doing?" She muttered, fighting back against a sudden need to gasp as his thumbs found something. Was her shoulder supposed to feel like that? There was a pop and it felt like everything in her body had just vanished, like she was merely a soul floating in a bubble bath. It took what little strength she could muster to sit upright and not fall face first into the table.

A moan escaped her and she rolled her eyes, escaping back into his wonderful touch.

Naruto laughed, his hand leaving her and replaced by his elbow assaulting her spine with pinpoint accuracy. "Did I tell you Jiraiya taught me how to give massages? I just thought you might enjoy a little one with how stressed you were."