Evolution

Evolution

The world used to be the perfect place filled with animals, trees, the perfect combination of green and blue. From the distance everything looked perfect. That is until humans became more relevant. They got together expanding their small villages until they became towns and cities. They contributed to climate change so much that it destroyed the world.

People were suffering for many decades not being able to find food, most of the water was undrinkable, illnesses were presented through contact, droplet, or air borne. Many children were born with weak immune systems dying before the age of two. The people suffered this life for over sixty years before they were able to rebuild and thrive better than ever.

The population grew strong and many women were popping out three to six children within their lifetime. Then their children would grow and continue the cycle. While they were enjoying the new life, they were given, the World Organization had been experimenting with different species of sickness people have accumulated during the time the people were suffering. They were testing various strands until they were able to able to create Project Z.

They called it Project Z because the sickness was comparable to a zombie virus. The World Organization was able to engineer the disease to have a start and end date. It's dangerous for someone to have that kind of power in their hands. People thought the government was horrible, but the World Organization look like monsters when they began taking people to test this experiment.

They began to use it as a form of population control. Each person born on the planet had been injected with a tracking chip that's impossible to take out. Those who have tried have died. It's their way to monitor and figure out the exact amount of people are living. When it reaches the threshold that's considered "overpopulation" they release Project Z and shut themselves into their corporation lock down until it's done.

The sickness lasts for a year, three hundred and sixty-five days, twelve months. It doesn't matter if you contract the virus, get bit, or are scratched. The expiration is at the end of the year just as the clock strikes midnight.

What do we do after that? We rebuild, we clean up the losses of those who didn't make it, and we move on with our lives. How do I know this? My family has been through the Outbreak twice through out the past few hundred years. My fathers' side of the family have been trained since birth to ready their future children to defend themselves in case it happens again... because it will happen again.

While other children were running around living their life because their parents didn't think the Outbreak would happen, I was training. My father taught me to use guns, knives, bows and arrows. He taught my brother and I to be weary of our surroundings and if we didn't have a weapon how to make one with what's around us. Escape handcuffs? Already mastered that. Bound by rope? Done that.

We've been thrown in multiple situations throughout the years that our father required us to solve together. He has a big corporate job creating games that are in virtual reality. Full body suit games that he makes the majority based off the Outbreak because whether people knew it or now, he wants people to be prepared. He wants people to be able to think and be quick on their feet when it comes to situations. In the process it's made him millions of dollars which he has stored away.

There's no telling when the next person will be infected with the virus. With my dad's close eye on the worldwide population count and the knowledge of the past he predicts it will come soon. If it does it's everyone for themselves. I'm going to have to make sacrifices I never thought I would, I'm going to have to take my skills from practice and use them for real life problems. I'm going to have to face that there will be loss and I won't be able to save everyone.