Prologue

Hunger truly is terrifying.

Our stomachs yearn for more. Squeezing and eating itself, to soothe its pain.

More. It grumbles wildly. Begging to be satisfied. More, it begs once again, still dissatisfied. MORE! It still wasn't enough.

Greedy and selfish, it gives its owner agonising pain in a form of hunger.
Very hard to resist, so hard to control...

That is a stomach of a ghoul.

I place the soft red bits in the palm of my hand and squeeze it. Ah...it was wonderful and satisfying to look at.
It feels great to touch. Like a soft plush doll, but with a squishy sound to it.

-A really fun toy.

'I'm sorry Mika. I can't help it...' I silently apologised to the pile of flesh before me. What used to be living is now dead. I try not to gain up any emotions and push them to the back of my mind.

'I have no choice.' I thought while chewing.

I still am a very weak ghoul. I couldn't resist the sight of flesh nor could I even resist smelling it. Just the thought of human flesh brings me to my knees.

'...if I were like mama...'

My mother could control her urges very well. She likes humans, and so do I. Except, I couldn't control myself. Like now, I just killed my friend without remorse and guilt because I have no choice but to keep my guilt away. I feel empty.

[Then do you want your life to change?] A sound echoed in my mind.

"Huh?"

[Do you want to be able to stop this agonizing hunger for days just by having piece of flesh?]

"what do you mean? Wait, who is it!?" I quickly look around to search for the source of the voice. Great, now I'm starting to hallucinate.

[You can't see me.] It said. Its voice echoed lowder in my head. [For I am a wandering system. No master to serve.]

"A system...?"

[Yes.] It confirms. [ I am the ghoul transfer system. For hundreds of years I have been searching for a master to serve. And the one I choose must have a compatible body to connect to system. Mistress has 97% compatability with system so hence is chosen as my mistress]

[Why now?] I ask the so called 'system' in my head. This isn't the right situation to be sitting here and talking to myself. The CCG will be arriving soon. Even so, this must be a trick. I need to confirm it.

[I have seen everything that mistress has done. And today you have lost control and killed your only friend. This system pities you and is going to offer you help"

"But what can you do? I can't trust you. Plus, what system? All I know right now is that you are just a voice in my head, nothing more." I say again, assuming that I must be crazy.

[I am real.]

"Please go away, I won't fall for it." I resume to having my meal. It would be such a waste after all. Even if she is my friend.

[But what if it is true? That I can help you with your problems...] I can hear it sulk.

"What?" I hear a weird sound above me and looked up. There is a weird black slime on the ceiling.

[You will surely believe me now.] it muttered for me to hear. The thing for some reason getting closer and closer.

"W-wait, what is happening-"

[I'm going to prove to you its real] it said rather cheerfully. [You should prepare yourself, mistress. Because I will be sending you somewhere far,far away...]

Somewhere far... Am I going to die?

"You're...the grim ripper aren't you?" I asked sadly. I guess my time has come...

The black stuff slowly enveloped me as I start to apologise for the things I've done in my heart.

[No.] It answered yet again. The black stuff covering my eyes and the last thing I heard was it saying, [I truly am just a system.]

Then I blacked out.

[Have fun, mistress~]