01

My alarm went off. I groaned as I irritatingly stood up and did my daily routine. I went downstairs and decided to eat an apple because I wasn't that hungry.

I work as a barista at a tiny little cafe called Spring Cafe. It wasn't like Starbucks which had like those fancy coffee, it was simple. Well since today's my day-off, I had nothing to do.

I suddenly feel the mood to just walk around the park. I finished eating my apple and left my house.

I felt the warm breeze touch my face and let out a smile. It made me feel comfortable, as if like I'm in heaven. The nice scent of flowers, the chirping of birds, the nice weather made me feel like I'm living the life I wanted to live. A simple and peaceful life.

As I stopped in my tracks, seeing that I have arrived, I admired the sight of the green trees, people having fun and the sun shining brightly, as if it was smiling at me.

I saw a bench nearby and sat on it.

I saw a man, who looked down at the floor, holding flowers and a box. He was crying. It seemed like his girlfriend rejected his marriage proposal.

“Uh sir, are you okay...?” I asked. I thought to myself that I was so stupid! Of course he's not okay!

“No.” He said, looking at me with tears flowing onto his cheeks.

“Do you mind telling what happened...? Well, it's okay if you don't wanna talk about it tho.” I said, giving him an awkward smile.

He hesitated at first, but he believed that she is someone trustworthy. Maybe, she would understand how he feels...

He told her everything that had happened. He was supposed to propose to his girlfriend but he caught her cheating on him. Nahyun felt guilty for the man, he seemed like an kind person. She had felt the pain he felt too. Her parents who abused her and abandoned her, her so-called friends who bullied her, her family members hating her just made her feel like she was worthless, as if she brought misery to the world. Remembering those things once again shattered her heart into a billion of pieces.

She felt like crying but she tried to hold back her tears, trying to forget all what had happened in the past. She failed, she started crying. Tears flowing into her cheeks like a waterfall, her sobs which almost gave the boy a heart attack.

“I'm sorry, I just... I just couldn't control myself.” She said, wiping her tears.

“I'm Donghae.” He stuck out his hand for a handshake. She looked at him for a good 3 seconds before reaching out her hand. “I'm Nahyun.” She said, smiling at Donghae.

Hello everyone 😊 Since I am new here, I sincerly apologize for some errors you might see in this story. I do hope you guys will enjoy this story! Thank you so much! ❤