Chapter 1

Chloe woke up when she was about to turn around. The other half of the bed was a mess and empty.
"Lucifer?"
Her partner didn't answer, but there were noises coming from below. It sounded like a fight. Silently, she stood up, grabbed her gun and tiptoed downstairs.
She wasn't prepared for what she saw next. Lucifer was surrounded by an army of demons. He was at his knees, his eyes were closed and he was covered in blood.
"Set him free!" Chloe pleaded, but neither the demons nor Lucifer reacted. She wanted to help him, but she wasn't able to move.
"That's all your fault, Decker," Maze said. The demon stood in the door of Trixie's room and hided the girl behind her so she didn't has to see what happened.
In this moment, Lucifer screamed in pain. The cop only saw that Dromos took a knife out of his king's heart.
"The king is dead, long live the king!"

"No!"
Chloe woke with a start. She lay on the couch, a blanket was halfway down to the floor. She was completely sweaty and tears ran over her cheeks.
"Mommy?" Trixie asked scared.
"Monkey. What...what time is it?"
"It's around two in the morning."
"Then why are you awake?"
"You screamed. I wanted to wake Lucifer but..."
"Is he alright?"
"Yes. Are you ok?"
"Sure. I just had a bad dream, that's all."
"What was your dream about?"
"Nothing. It's all fine, Trixie. Go back to bed."
Hesitantly, the girl did what she was told to. Chloe waited until her daughter was gone before she finally sat up.
"Ouch!"
Her head seemed to explode and her neck was twisted. Sleeping at the couch isn't that cozy as it looks like in movies.
Carefully she went upstairs, but before she reached her room, she looked for Lucifer. Her daughter has been right, the devil slept soundly and happily. Relieved, Chloe closed the door and headed to her own room. Hopefully she would get some sleep for the rest of the night.

"Good morning, Lieutenant. Do you want pancakes?" Lucifer asked when Chloe joined him and Trixie the next morning.
"No," she answered tired.
"They taste good, don't they, Offspring?"
"Yes!"
"I'm sure they do, but I..."
"Bloody hell, it's already time! Come on, you will be late."
Trixie jumped off of the barstool and hurried to her room.
"What's going on here?"
"I am trying to be a good roommate."
"That's very exemplary, but..."
"I'm ready, Lucifer."
"What time is it?"
"The bus is already gone. We did not want to wake you. And to be honest, you really should go back to bed."
"He's right, Mommy. You look like a zombie."
"Do you two watched The Walking Dead again? What did I say, Lucifer? This is not a show for Trixie."
"But she is right."
"Lucifer!"
"We really have to go now," Trixie interrupted them.
"I see you later, Lieutenant," the devil said and grabbed his keys.
"Goodbye, Mommy. I love you."
"I love you too, but we'll talk about that later!"

"You look awful," Ella said.
"Thanks."
"Have you been awake all night?"
"Kinda."
"Did Lucifer keep you awake?" the forensic scientist asked with a meaningful grin.
"What? No!"
"Calm down, Decker. Do you wanna tell me what's bothering you? Is it work or...you know...our supernatural problem?"
"A bit of both, but I'm currently worried about the Atskin process."
"Why?"
"Atskin's lawyer still tries to find proof that we weren't allowed to investigate on the case."
"Jackson destroyed all documents."
"Yeah, but it isn't really helpful that he quit his job before the process started."
"Don't worry, Decker. I'm sure everything's going to be fine."
"Hopefully you're right."
"Lieutenant Decker, can we have a talk in private?"
"Oh my god, Walters! Never sneak up on me again! See you later, Ella."
The cop followed her colleague and left a confused forensic scientist behind.

Chloe stayed in her office all day trying to work, but she couldn't stop thinking about her nightmare. It wasn't the first time she dreamed it, but this time Trixie noticed it. She tried so hard to keep the truth a secret and now she scared her little girl. Maybe she should talk with Amenadiel. No, she had to talk with Linda. If Linda would talk with Lucifer, he would finally do something. He always listened to her.
"Knock, knock."
"Lucifer!" she said, startled, and pushed a stack of papers from the desk.
"Did I scare you?"
"No, I was just lost in my thoughts."
"I hope you thought about me," he joked with a sexy grin when he helped her with the papers. Oh, if he just knew.
"Thank you for your help. What can I do for you?"
"Well, it is closing time."
"Really?" she asked horrified.
"You need a break."
"I have no time for a break. Look at all these documents I have to read and to sign."
"You have been in here all day and your desk does not look like you really worked. It is too much for you, Chloe."
"No, it isn't. I love my job."
"But it is not very family friendly, is it?"
"I'm not a bad Mom!"
"That is not what I meant."
"Yes, you're right, I am stressed out. My job is more stressful now, but I can handle it. But I can't deal with the fact that you don't seem to care about our supernatural problem."
"You do not need to worry about them, Lieutenant. Everything is under control."
"I thought you'd never lie?"
"I do not..."
"You should go home, Lucifer. I have work to do," she said and grabbed for a file.