The Roadtrip

(The picture of that mansion is the one that Hope and her mom live in, in Canada.)

CHAPTER 1

Weeks of packing all lead up to this day...the day where it was time to get in the moving truck and drive to Canada. It's about a day's trip from Florida to Canada. My mom decided that we would take turns sleeping and then switch drivers that way we wouldn't have to stop to spend the night in a hotel. I put the last box into the moving truck and closed the door. I turn around to see my mom standing behind me.

"Lets do one more walk through before we leave." My mom said.

I nod and followed her in the house. It was empty. I walk through the house looking at everything once more. When I reached my room I stood in the doorway, remembering all the good times I've had in this house. My eyes started to tear up a bit at the thought of leaving Florida all behind. Leaving my best friends was the hardest part of it all. Leaving my exes though was the easiest thing I've ever done. I laughed to myself. "Well, this is it." I said to my room. "Thanks for everything." I finished looking around the house and found my mom getting my dog Oakley in the car.

"I'm ready." I told her.

She looked at me and said, "Alright kiddo get in the truck and let's go."

During the drive I mostly listened to music and texted my friends. They told me about all the rumors that were going on around school about me. Apparently one rumor was that I was pregnant and I had to move because I didn't want anyone to see my pregnant belly showing. I wouldn't be surprised if I was pregnant. After my last boyfriend cheated on me I hoe'd around for a bit. "Ridiculous." I said out loud. My mom looked at me confused. I told her about the rumor and she started laughing.

"The rumors in high school are the best. They're usually about something so ridiculous that it's impossible to be true." My mom said to me still laughing.

"You're not wrong." I told her.

I slept while my mom drove for a few hours until it was time to switch. We made some pit stops to get something to eat, to get gas, to use the restroom, and to let the dog outside. I knew we were getting closer and closer because it kept getting colder.

Many hours later we made it at last. I looked out the window and saw the sign that read, "Welcome to Snow Ridge Valley." After passing the sign it took us 15 more minutes till we reached the neighborhood where our house or should I say mansion was located. The neighborhood is called "The Cove". There was a few other houses in the neighborhood that were also pretty big but from the looks of it, it looked like our house was the biggest. There was a lot of space in between the houses. We have neighbors but they aren't right on top of our house from the looks of it.

My mom is a cardiologist. She works day and night everyday at the hospital. She was the best cardio surgeon in Florida until she got a huge opportunity to work in Canada. My mom being successful as she is, worked very hard to get to the top. She is one of the sweetest person you will ever meet, but she does like to show off. So her buying fancy things makes her feel good. This house is one of her biggest purchases to this date. I'm so lucky to have a mom like her. She is a strong independent women who doesn't need anyone and I look up to her for that. Since my dad left she has worked non-stop to be the best mom and the best cardiologist.

We pull up and are greeted by this huge house. We could only see a little bit of the house because it was dark but the lights on the house showed how long it was. I looked at my phone and it was 11pm. I was tired and all I wanted to do was go to sleep.