♡⠀/⠀quatre.

Elizabeth Ethel Cordelia Midford is, as you will soon learn, quite possibly the most jovial person you've ever met. From the moment she set her emerald gaze upon your familiar face, she is quick to make her way towards you and offers you a charming smile of her own. She takes your hands and holds it in hers endearingly, her cheeks dusted in roses as she looks up at you admirably: bright eyes meeting your [eye colour] ones. Her smile, you think to yourself, is exceptionally beautiful. Edward has shown you the same smile before, and you wonder to yourself if whether it was a family trait of the Midfords.

"Please," she starts, and her voice is just as dainty as her appearance. "Do call me Lizzie. I feel that it is only right for you to refer to me as such—after all, we are family, are we not?"

"Lizzie!" Edward cried out beside you, almost startling you. You hadn't even realised that he'd been there. Flustered, he turns to you, his face evidently in a flustered state from the reds of the tip of his ears and his quivering lips. "I sincerely apologise for the imprudence of my dear sister—"

"Nonsense," you cut off gently. "Lizzie—" From the corner of your eye, you see Elizabeth's smile growing wider at the mention of her preferred nickname. "—was simply introducing herself to me. As my future sister in law, I think it is most imperative that I get myself acquainted with her. Don't you think so as well, Edward?"

"You concern yourself with too many trivial matters, brother of mine," Elizabeth says, a laugh erupting from her pink lips as she finally lets go of her hold on you. "It gives my heart great reassurance that Lady [Name] is more than generous to calm your nerves."

Edward's initial embarrassment fades, and is replaced with a stubborn look of denial: "I am calm enough."

"Yes," Elizabeth agrees with a nod, although the teasing nature in her eyes remains. "But only around Lady [Name], as you hate to humiliate yourself in her presence."

You turn your head away and hide a smile, and Edward beside you begins to stammer.

"L-Lizzie...!"

She ignores her brother's plight expertly, and drives her attention back to you. She has her head tilted to the side innocently enough, more than satisfied with her doing towards her own brother. Though she loved him immensely, she could not deny the fun that she shamelessly enjoyed whilst teasing her brother. From your concealed smile, she could tell that you had found it entertaining as well. She feels her chest swelling with good pride.

"Have you discussed anything about your wedding yet?" She continues, now taking your arm once again and embracing her hands around it. Elizabeth pulls you away from the scene, leaving Edward behind as she begins to walk you towards the Midford estate. Once he finally gathers himself, Edward heaves a tired sigh as he unwillingly drags his feet to follow after you and his sister.

"Of course," you tell her in response. Elizabeth eagerly waits for you to go on, but upon realising that you would not be providing her with more information, she decides to resume her interrogation. Elizabeth had not expected you to be so secretive—in fact, Elizabeth notices that you held the same air about you in a way that reminded her of her own fiance, Ciel. You were polite and very selective about your words, much like he was. Though, unlike him, Elizabeth found out that it was awfully difficult to catch you off-guard. Ciel was easily vexed, given his short-temper, and it did not take much effort to bring him in a flustered state.

You, on the hand...

"And children?" she presses.

Behind you, you feel Edward's body stiffen at the question.

"It has been mentioned once or twice in passing." You hummed. Though it was not a satisfying answer to Elizabeth, she accepted it regardless.

Truthfully, neither Edward nor you had ever tackled the conversation about children. Such topic was bound to be talked about sometime later in your relationship, of course. Bearing children—an heir—was an inevitable duty for people of nobility, and both you and Edward understood this perfectly. Though not once had it been talked about; with Edward preoccupied at Weston, and with you constantly involved (albeit reluctantly) into England's most prestigious social circles, it was difficult to shed light onto the topic. Neither of you were given the time to do so.