Chapter 12 - To Outrun My Counterpart

We had split up, making it easier to find the huge mob that was rampaging through Rome. It won't be a long task, I should imagine. Just follow the sounds of Templars screaming and roars of vigilantes. I jumped to the next roof, and grabbed onto the ledge and pulling myself up. After a few attempts at a flip, I managed an average front flip. It was pretty proud of myself, and I am definitely going to brag about it later. I was going to get there first, even if it killed me, which it most likely would.

I glanced down from a roof amd saw a elderly woman with a huge cut her face. She was sitting on a crate. I jumped down and ran to her.

"The Liberation of Roma has begun." my strong Italian accent pulling through. She looked up and smirked.

"I have been waiting to hear those words for a long time now. Destroy them." she put her hand across the cut and winced in pain. I grabbed some spare cloth from my waist. well, it was Alf's, which he put on me, and a little was covered in blood. I will have to pay him back later, now wasn't the time. I ripped off the stained areas and placed the clean cloth on her face. I then placed her hands on top of it, holding it in place. She had a thankful look on her face. I turned and ran at the next building, jumped, and grabbed at the wall. I moved my hands and feet up the wall, using window ledges and stuck out bricks as help. My fingernails which used to be long and neatly filed were now short and uneven, a side effect of digging your fingers in brick walls to climb them. It used to bother me, but after a while, I decided to live with it.

BANG.

If that was what I thought it was, I would be very pleased. I span around. Castle Castillo. The place held to many weird memories, making me shiver. But that wasn't the thought going through my head. Was that... Fire? The two towers were ablaze! How is this possible?

I started to sprint faster. I had to help the civilians! They had finally reached their limit of being controlled, and they were starting to act, mostly out of sheer hatred and vengeance. Most of all, I had to get there to beat Alfonso.