chapter 1

I wandered for what seemed like seconds but turned out to be hours. I couldn't get passed the thought of being a guardian for the rest of my life. Doing the same thing for forever. I needed to find something to occupy me while winter was not here. I flew until I hit a dead end, but there I noticed a curtain of leaves. I pulled them back out of curiosity and stood there gazing.

I saw a tower.

I walked closer. It was made of bricks, looked old, but felt like...home...cozy in a way. I looked up, the window was open, I called up to see if anyone was there. Nothing. I called again just to make sure...i don't know if it was the waterfall or something in the tower but I heard a noise and i went to it. I flew up to the window and peered in. I saw nothing because it was pitch black (ironic right?) I flew into the tower and heard something that sounded like someone crying, it was coming from upstairs. I walked up the stairs, ready for anything and paused. There was girl, on the floor, crying. I stared at her for a while without her noticing and then gathered the courage to ask, "are you ok? " she looked up, her eyes big and puffy, but solid green, like emeralds. She wimpered, "who are you?"

"I'm jack, jack frost."