Its Been So Long!

It will always be in Reese's POV unless I point out that it isn't!!

I ran in school just as they were dismissing girls to their locker. I stick my tongue out at Cris and he does the same. I laugh and run to catch up with Emery. "Hey Em!" I greet, smiling at my best friend. She smiles and waved. "Hey!" She replies. We talk about everything and nothing until she has to leave to her locker. I slowly walk towards mine. I start pulling out my stuff for Math. Suddenly I'm shoved against my locker and all my stuff falls to the floor. I look up to see Colby, Mason, and Eli shove past me. I sigh and get down on the ground. I pick up my stuff and slam my locker shut. Sienna walks up to me. "Bad morning already?" She asked. I nod. She is like a mind-reader sometimes. She smiles reassuringly. "Good news is, it should be better from her," she replies carefully. She said it as if she was scared to say the wrong thing. I shrug and bid her goodbye as she walks into Sienna with Laney,Addison,Cris,and Emery. I keep walking and lean against the locker next to Cade's. "Where is your girlfriend?" I tease, smirking as he turned red. "Allison is not my girlfriend! At least not yet..." he mumbles the last part. I giggle and nudge his shoulder. "Let's go dipwad," I taunt. Him and I walk with Fallon, Mickenzie, Brayden, and Nick. We all talk and laugh until we walk into class. We all groan at the same time. "Seriously? Do we have to be in the same class as them!" I pout. I count all of the 'popular' people. Eli...Mason...Jake...Briceton...Sharon....Laney W....Camden....Cruz...and Colby. I quickly tear my gaze away when Colby meets my gaze. We all move and sit together in the back. "I hate them," Mickenzie spat. I nod in agreement but can't help but staring at Colby. He has been in all my classes since fifth grade. But...he hasn't acknowledged me since then. I quickly pull out my sketchbook and start sketching. I've gotten better since sixth grade. Allison's and Rhian have been teaching me to draw. I sketch the best picture as I could for Callison 💚❤️. When the teacher walks in she yells to make us quiet down. She announces that we can talk and move around as long as we aren't too loud. I stood up and walked over to the pencil sharpener. Nick follows and we just start talking. "Where is Shelby?" I ask. He smiled like a lovesick puppy. "Oh my gosh Nick! I only asked where she is!" I laughed. He chuckles and shrugged. "I think she had ELA the first two periods with Emma," he smiles. I nod and just shove my pencil in the sharpener. I just lazily twirl the metal spindle thingy(idk I'm stoooppppiiiddd) I watch everybody in the classroom. My eyes scan the room. I see Emmy and Kristen talking. I see Nick and Cade throwing paper at Brayden while Mickenzie quietly draws. I see Mason and Eli throwing a small bouncy ball. Jake, Cruz, and Camden throwing crap around. My eyes land on Colby last. He suddenly looks up at me as soon as my eyes land on him. I immediately tear my gaze away but keep sneaking glances at him. He isn't looking at me anymore. He's laughing at a joke Jake just told. I can't help but smiling softly. I immediately realize I'm staring and run back to my group. We talked for the rest of the class period. I must've fallen asleep because when I woke up everybody was bolting out the door. I groan and stand up. I see Mickenzie and Brayden waited for me. They have every class with me along with Cade. I smile gratefully and stand up. "Thanks guys," I comment and they both nod. We walk down the hall, acting like idiots. We had gym next. Cade quit band because it cost too much money. Mickenzie and Brayden quit choir because the teacher was always having mood swings. And I left choir for the same reason. He didn't let us sing what we want. I run to the girls locker room and change into work-out clothes.

 I run to the girls locker room and change into work-out clothes

I walk out to see Emery already ready. She is wearing what I'm wearing but it's plain black.

I smile and jump onto her back

I smile and jump onto her back. "It's been so long!" I shriek. She laughs and nods. "Exactly. I hate when I can't see my friends," she replies. I nod but laugh. "But you had your anime boyfriend right?" I tease. She rolls her eyes and crossed her arms. "Leave me alone meanie," she pouts. I laugh and shrug. I start running laps with Mickenzie, Brayden, and Emery. This was what I liked about school. Hanging out with the friends I don't see. I laugh at something Mickenzie said but then somebody rams into me. I look up to see...oh no. I looked up and saw Briceton Miller and Cruz Pakaris staring down at me with disgusted looks on their faces.