Numb

As soon as i entered the one of the large building i was slightly blinded by the bright lights that lit the halls and classrooms. It smelled like...in all honesty it smelled sad droopy like there was no source of life for miles. From all the students i've seen so far  only a totally of three were black and a girl who looked Mexican.

Miguel showed me to the office so i could get my class schedule and a map of the school so i wouldn't walk around lost day looking like a fool. My parents had registered me online and had already spoke with the principle and dean on the phone so i think they got all of my records in they system so all my shit should be updated and if it's not i'm basically screwed. When we arrived at the office i saw a petite women with pale skin and grey hair that was put up in a loose bun.She seemed a bit sad hunched over on her computer in silence. I shook my head slightly before walking up the front desk''Pardon me i'm Alice the transfer student''I spoke quietly afraid that it i was too loud it might just send her to her snapping point. When she looked up a bit of surprise was present in her eyes and i knew it wasn't because of my accent but because i was black.

My first class was gym which i thought was a bit brutal for the morning but whatever. I went down into the girls locker room and thankfully no one was down there i wasn't in the mood to play fake nice with anyone. They had given me a gym uniform which consisted of navy blue shorts and a grey t-shirt. I put all of my stuff in the locker closest  to the door so when class was over i would be the first to change and leave. When i got into the gym i saw a few boys play fighting as the teacher set up the speakers. Eyes were on me instantly and i felt any type of confidence i had withering away. I let out a small breath of relief when i saw Miguel jogging over to me. When class started the teacher had us sit in a circle as he explained the rules of dodge ball as if nobody has ever played it before. As he spoke i could sense almost everyone starring at me normally i would find this rude my attention was on a boy who made eye contact with me briefly. He had a palish skin tone and messy muddy brown hair,his form was slim but muscular that wasn't what caught my attention it his expression. It was moody but a bit curious at the same time which made me feel a bit off in a strange way

After about thirty something minutes the  teacher finally stopped talking and sent us off to play. Me and Miguel stayed behind people near the back as we tried to dodge any balls that were thrown our way- which took more energy then expected. As we neared to the end of the game i realized me and Miguel were the only two left on our team, there were a few sportty looking boys on the team left which made we kind of want to just surrender. Miguel handed me a ball before picking two up for himself and throwing them,one of which managed to hit someone in the shoulder. After a few minutes into what was left of the game i started to loosen up a bit,throwing balls and dodging them was actually kind of fun. I mentally cursed when i saw Miguel get hit with a ball when he was picking one up,i gulped a bit as i noticed that there were three boys left on the other team. I was ready to call it quits and just take a hit on purpose but then i saw the boy from earlier, he wore the same expression just minus the curiousness. He was surprisingly good at dodge ball,not to say he didn't look like he did sports but it just surprised me a bit. By the end of the game he managed to get everyone on the other team out causing the people on our team to tease them a bit. When we were dismissed to the locker rooms i was the first one to get changed and leave.