Chapter 1: Pain

*sounds of a broken glass, scattered in pieces on the floor*

...

"You're a failure at life and you'll always be nothing, useless!" a man yelled at his brown haired son after throwing the bottle of alcohol on the wall. The boy said nothing but held his breath and the scent of alcohol hit his face with every word his father said.

He had heard this speech many times from his drunken father. It used to hurt in the beginning but he became numb to the words after a while but he can't never escape from the pain his father's cause to his innocence body.

"Mianhe, appa. It will never happen again" he said as he cried begging on his knees, which making the man moved his legs away from his and kicked him hard enough to cause him to stumble backwards.

When he was stumbling, he tripped over the coffee table and his mother came to rushed his side holding onto him.

"Stop! Please don't hurt my son" the mother cried asking the man to stop. She looked at her son, frightened and is in pain. She hugged him tighter, making the boy calmed.

"You're the same, useless slut" the man spitted and walked away and sat on the couch drinking his alcohol leaving the two on the ground.

"Taehyun, my son. Gwaenchana?" his mother asks while wiping the tears on the boy's cheeks still holding onto him.

He responded only with nods as he wiped his tears. He looked over at the couch to see his dad sitting there drinking alcohol. In this case it was good for Taehyun. He quickly gets up and quietly walked out of the living room and snuck upstairs.

"Taehyun-ah!" his mother called watching him walking away.

Once he was in his upstairs, he quickly ran into his room and shut the door behind him and locked them. He feels safe. He wanted to be alone. He don't deserve this, and sitting there pressing his back on the door behind him, he started to bursts into tears hugging his knees.

[End of Taehyun's childhood's flashback]

There, Taehyun can't erase those bad memories in his head that he had since he was 13. He's been feeling traumatized ever since his father being abusive towards him. The abuse started since his father got fired at his work due to sabotaging other's work that his father was in a lot of stressed. His father started to drank a lot of alcohol and become abusive especially to his own family.

When the abuse started, Taehyun became very quiet and stopped talking to people. In turn, a lot of rumors started to fly. Everyone would say things like,

'he's a bad person'
'I heard his father got fired'
'his father stealing just like him'

But all the rumors were wrong and some are true about his father got fired. He wished people knew the truth. He wished people could help him, but he couldn't bring himself to tell people, nor did anyone ask. He has this habit of keeping things to himself because he thought in the end no one cares anyway.

He walked around the hall of the school for a while until he saw a men's figure surrounded by another figures. It was dark inside. He was so curious so when he walked in to see, he jumped a little and let out a short gasp, he was so surprised to see a group of a boys about his age were pinning down a poor boy on the ground, helpless and frightened. He stayed there quietly and thought, 'Was it a bully?'

"Hey, you there!" A boy yelled behind him.

Taehyun startled as he turned around to look at him and quickly took off running. He didn't know why he was running, he didn't do anything wrong. But he ran anyway, in fear. Actually he was caught sneaking up on the gangs business without him realising one of them noticed his appearance secretly.

Taehyun ran all the way to the school building and started climbing the gate but couldn't make it. The boy was chasing him and the other was searching for him. He then made a way quickly to the crowds of students passing by and pretended to be one of the crowds so the boy lost him or either stopped chasing him. He didn't bother taking off his grey hood, it was great protection from being caught.

He suddenly bumped into someone. It was an accident. He didn't do it on purpose, he quickly look up, he was frightened enough trying to avoid an eye contact. He was taller than him.

"S-sorry" Taehyun bowed as he apologize and startling.

The tall blue haired guy just remain silent. About a few seconds, Taehyun looks up again, in surprised he started to recognize the guy. He widened his eyes. He started to blushed, feeling embarrassed making the tall boy looks at him giving him a scary vibes. It was awkward.

"You've got problems?" The tall boy asked in a cold tone.

Taehyun just shook his head as he started backing away. The tall boy then just walked passed him not saying a word, crushing the small boy on the shoulder on purpose, making him stumbled backwards a little.

When the tall boy left, Taehyun also turned to leave.

The boy turned out to be Yeonjun. His long time close friend since primary school before they got separated, when they reach high school and become strangers like they've never known each other before.

Taehyun still keeping his feelings for Yeonjun, since they were a close friend before, Taehyun had a crushed on him. Up until now, Yeonjun will never know about Taehyun's feeling for him.

A/N: so sorry I will finish the update soon. Updated every Sunday. Actually barely and I'm really sorry maybe someday when I get to. I'll try my best. Love you all