Chapter 9

Ashlee's POV

I was back in London now, so was Niall, but he still wouldn't look in my direction, let alone speak to me. It's been a week since the incident. It was awkward. I had to see his face every time I needed to work with One Direction. I went to interviews, video sites, I pretty much spent all my time with them and the guy that I love won't even speak to me.

I put on this whole façade like I was OK, but you could tell I wasn't. I wasn't my usual outgoing self. I was slowly falling into a deep depression and I kept telling myself that I deserved it. And I did, but I couldn't help it.

Harry kept apologizing like it would suddenly help the situation, but it didn't it only made it worst. I'd go home crying at night, and then I started to drink. I was slowly losing myself. Every sip I took. The sweet taste that was washing away all my hurt and worries.

I started blinking really hard and everything was getting hazy. Inanimate objects were starting to move. The room started to spin and Ed Sheeran's word from 'Drunk' were started to morph together. Then everything went blank. I heard a clank on the floor and then something break.

Then nothing.

Zayn's POV

"Zayn go check on her for me." Harry said allowed so that everyone in the room could hear. Meaning Louis, Liam, I, and..Niall. Who suddenly looked up with an expression that hurt my very soul.

"She's probably fine." I say looking down.

"You know that's not true." Liam said looking at Niall.

He never talked about Ashlee ever since he saw her kissing Harry. He did once he asked where she was, he got his answer and then never said a word about her. He had fixed things with Harry and I hoped he would try to fix things with her too, but he never did. He'd watch her during sessions, but when she looked over at him he would look away like she wasn't even there in the first place. He just wasn't the same, he wasn't his carefree self. He hadn't touched his guitar or even sang anything since. It was depressing.

"Well why do I have to do it?" I asked looking at Niall.

"She won't answer the door for me, I tried. And you and Niall are the only ones with keys." Harry stated.

I sighed. Then I got up, walked over to Niall, took his arm and pulled him with me. He stumbled getting up and tried to pull away from my grip. I tightened it.

"I don't wanna." He said whining as we walked down the stairs from the flat to the car.

"I don't care, you need to." I yelled.

"Zayn, please." He said as he tried to yank away.

We were in the car now about 10 minutes from her house. I looked at his cute little Irish face. His cheeks were red and his blue eyes were pleading me to turn the car around. I looked away because I knew I would probably do it, too. I would turn around and regret it for the rest of his life. He needed to do this, they were both torn up about this. So, I was going to force them to make it better.

We pulled in to her flats parking lot. I had to pull him up the stairs, which was a lot harder when he was fidgeting. All her lights were on, so I assumed she was home. I knocked on the door.

No answer.

"See, she's not even here." Niall said and started to walk down the stairs.

"Niall wait." I said and I paused a little. "Yeah she is music is playing."

His curiosity got the best of him. He put his ear to the door. Then nodded his head. "The song just changed from 'Same Mistakes' to 'Drunk.'."

I saw his eyes go dull. "You got your key?" I asked reaching my hand out knowing he would. He never took it out of his pocket and sometimes he would just stare at it. Pondering whether or not he should go get her or not. He never did.