25 - Everything Darling, you gotta show some skin

Louis's pov

It's been over two months that I confessed my love to her. Though we agreed that we would continue being friends for a while, the new development in our relationship was not lost on anyone. There were few comments here and there every day which was returned in the form of witty remarks from Shaden and roll of eyes from me.

I watched as she went through her brother's wardrobe again, pulling out clothes and folding them again.

"Simba, relax. He is just going there for a week." I said rolling my eyes as I laid there on her brother's bed.

"And it's not like my parents can't buy stuff if he is missing something." Sam commented looking at her with a bored expression from across the room. He was sitting on her floor with his arms around a sleeping Casey. I can't believe it took soo long for them to get together.

"I can't let them do that. They are not even letting me pay for the flight and the accommodation." She grumbled while folding a large blanket. I stood up and walked towards her and pulled the blanket away from her. She tried pulling it from me and this continued for a while.

"That's because we are going in a private flight and we own a house there." Ruby said groaning out aloud. "I thought we were family. Stop acting so distant." They grumbled and she looked at them with guilt. I took this as my chance and pulled the blanket away from her hold. She glared at me.

"They are going to Miami. Not north pole." I said.

"But-but. What if it gets cold?" She complained.

"Oh God! Woman. What is wrong with you? We can afford blankets you know? And we have thousands of blankets at our house there. So relax!" Donn said throwing a pant at her face.

She caught it before it hit her face. "And Natasha goes there with me almost every year. Ask her if we make her pay for the accommodation." he said sarcastically.

"Ruby!" Mabel whined. "She makes me look like a gold digger to go with you without any complaints."

"Shaden, stop making my girl friend feel bad about herself." Ruby said sternly.

"When did this happen?" I asked shocked. "Wouldn't it be illegal or something? To be dating a girl under 18 when you yourself are 24?" I asked and Mabel threw a shirt at me.

"I am 19 dumbass. I will turn 20 in three months." She replied. I looked at her confused.

"When she was shifting from Nigeria to here, she had to take a year long crash course." Haru told me and I nodded my head slowly. On the other side Shaden groaned loudly.

"I am sorry guys." She plopped down in a study chair beside the wardrobe. "It's just that I never let him away from me for such a long time. It feels weird to know that he is gonna be in a totally different state. I am just worried for him. I know that you guys treat him like family, but I am just worried." she said wringing her fingers.

"Hey, it's okay to feel that way. It's natural to feel that way. You are his older sister and older siblings always worry about their siblings." Nate said with a small smile.

I looked back at Sam to see his eyes cloud with regret. I am pretty sure Nate didn't say those with Sam in mind, but it didn't make it any less painful for Sam. I am just happy that they are on good terms now.

"Is Ashlyn still not coming with you?" Shaden asked looking at Nate with pity.

"She is. I begged her a lot. She finally agreed that she will come to Miami. Just not in the private jet. She said she will catch her own flight there. She agreed to stay in our house without paying for it though. So it's an accomplishment right?" he said trying to cheer himself up and I laughed at him.