8pm - two hours till closing time

Wow! That was a hazard of emotions. This year was a mess, even though it's the second week of January. The semester is coming to an end but the exams are right ahead. I'm stressed out.

I spend all my time in the libary or my dorm studying. To be honest at this point I dont even have a social life anymore. Normally I'm a coffee girl. At least thats what I like to think about me.

I could spend hours in my favourite cafe just sitting there drinking good coffee and reading a book.

But as a matter of fact in this moment I am sitting in the library trying to study for my finance course. I notice how my concentration is fading and I start to gaaze at the celling. At this point in my life I would rather ... than to look back into my book.

This isn't going to work. I'm going to take a break.

I stand up to go to the bathroom and while I'm walking I'm letting my figers run over the books in the shelves. I walk alongside the outer wall of the libary, trying to figure out where the fuck the bathrooms are. I can't find it and there are no signs to direct me.

Normally I'm not in the history department of building but in the econimics section where no free seats available. As I walk further, I see a door on my right.

It's leading towards the hallways where I consider the bathrooms to be, so I open the door and step inside the hallway.

The first thing I see is darkness. My eyes get used to the light and as I realise where I am I'm trying to turn around. I try to catch the closing door but I am too late. It's closed.

I grab the door handle and try to open it but it doesn't move not even a centimetre. I try again but nothing. I nearly rip out the handle but it won't open.

I am looked in.

Shit.

Shit. SHIT. SHIIITTT. Now what ? What am I going to do...

I hammer onto the door hoping someone might hear me here but I already know I'm in the back of the library and the studying tables are too far away.

I reach for my phone in my pocket only to find out it's not there. I must have left it on my desk. Typical.

I resign and turn around. My back is leaning on the door while I study the room I'm stuck in. It is one of the old storerooms for books, files and documents.

It matches the old and dignified look of the library with wood panelling and ceiling fresco resembling the sky. Just like you would expect it to be in an old English University.

The room is not big but it has a small window and a chair.

I have an idea. I run to the window and try to grab the handle but it's to high and out of reach. I try to jump but it does not even come near my hand.

I reach behind me to get the chair. Got it. Now I need to position it underneath the window and climb onto it. Ha! The handle finds my hand and I push. I push with all my strength but the handle doesn't move. Not even if I use my whole body weight.

I jump back on the floor. This is all a sick dream! "This can't be happening!" I scream out. "How much bad luck can one person have?"

In my frustration I grab the chair and try to push one of the legs trough the window. I'm standing on my toes to reach the god damn window. BAM! BAM BAMMM!! I ram the chair against the window multiple times.

I dont to have enough power to push trough glass which was definitely made to resist more than my weak tries. I doesn't even has a crack. Not even a little one.

I go back to the door and I knock for almost half an hour onto it. I scream my lounges out but nothing! Just nothing. My voice breaks.

It's 9 pm.

I am stuck in the library 1 hour before closing time. I sink onto the chair resigning. I tried everything to get out. What the hell am I going to do now!

No phone. No one to hear me. No way out!