Chapter Seventeen - Round and Round

NEYMAR'S POV

I was now back at home and feeling so much better. They still wouldn't let me play though. It hurt to know that your biggest dreams had been crushed with one push.

One push.

Zúniga apologised and I held nothing against him whatsoever.

I sat on the couch of my home - the one in São Paulo, waiting for ... Nothing. I got basically house arrested.

I wanted to finish the Colombia game.

I couldn't.

I wanted to play against Germany.

I couldn't.

I wanted for everyone to stop making such a big deal out of this.

I couldn't.

And I wanted to see Cara.

I couldn't.

I hoped she liked that necklace I gave to her... Well, I gave to her again.

The doctor made her leave a few minutes after that and she had called me almost every hour since - except when I was sleeping. But she hadn't called me today because she had that job interview.

It was for her birthday a few years back and when she broke up with me, she threw out of the balcony and stormed off.

I found it and I couldn't bear separating from it. I tried forgetting her but the necklace brought back all the memories.

And I've never loved someone as much as I loved Cara - and even now.

A knock came from the door and I grabbed my crutches.

"Who is it?" I shouted as I hobbled over. Please be Cara.

"Carolina!"

I didn't really want to see her right now. I liked Carol as a friend but nothing more. But Davi wasn't a mistake. He was up there with Cara.

I unlocked the door and let the smiling blonde in. She gave me a hug (which I couldn't return because well-I was on freaking crutches).

"Are you feeling better now?" She asked.

"Heaps."

"No ones taking care of you?"

"Umm... No.... I'm a man Carolina, I don't need a babysitter."

"You do when you've almost been paralysed." She placed her hands on her hips.

A little head popped up from nowhere.

"Daddy!!!" It was Davi. His curly locks of hair swished in the air as he hugged my legs.

I wished I could've hugged him back.

"Hey Davi! How's it going?"

He laughed in response.

"Well, we're going to be staying with you for a bit."

"What? Carolina you know you can't do that. Everyone's going to be getting the wrong idea."

The media would go crazy over this news.

It would be dangerous to both Carol and Davi.

"How? Your son is asking for you twenty-four-seven and if you don't want to be the father then-"

"I get it. I get it Carolina." I sighed. "I love Davi and this is possibly the only time I'll get to really spend time with him."

"Good. I'll go back home and get some belongings." She rushed out the door and shut it behind her.