|Tanjiro| Affection [Fluff]

"Very good, Inosuke." You gently pat his head, giving him more praises. "Now read this one."

"B... Bo... Boei..."

"It's a boat, you idiot!" Zenitsu snapped. Inosuke instantly stood up, ready to fight. Tanjiro watched the scene unfold, not lasting for a few seconds for them to stop bickering.

"Hey Y/N can you—" the both of you jumped when the table flew from the other side of the room.

"Inosuke!" The two of you shout. "Sorry, Tanjiro but I'm a bit busy."

"Now repeat after me," you ushered him. Zenitsu was shaking all over his body before nodding. "I. Can. Do. This."

"I-I—" he whimpered out. You smiled at him, a silent way to reassure him. "Can... do this."

You gave him the small bouquet of posies. "Now give that to her." Zenitsu slowly stepped over Nezuko, looking back at you every now and then before you whispered, "it's going to be ok."

He glances back at Tanjiro, who was just observing the sight, for a moment you noticed he was a bit gloomy but you brushed it off when you finally heard Zenitsu squick.

"NezUKo-cHAn!" He quacked. He was already red from embarrassment. Puberty, you thought.

Tanjiro stepped in your side, hiding a new bouquet behind him. "Y/N can you please—"

"Was that a f*ckin' duck?" Inosuke taunted. "Quack quack quack!"

You apologized to Tanjiro before pulling Inosuke to the side. "Maybe next time!" You called.

You were calmly sweeping the porch. It was the afternoon and everybody else was either taking a nap or going for a walk. He figured this was the perfect time to approach you. With a deep sigh, Tanjiro made his way over you.

Before Nezuko came to view.

"Yes?" She took your hand and placed it on her head. "You want me to pet you?"

Tanjiro watched you walk away with his sister. "Y—..." He sighed. It's ok, it's going to be ok, he said to himself. But deep down, he couldn't ignore his feelings anymore. And you not paying attention to him was not helping.

Unconsciously, he barged inside the room to see you petting Nezuko to sleep.

"I... I want that too," Tanjiro pouted. "You're always babying Zenitsu and Inosuke... and now even Nezuko..."

"You made me sound like a mother," you laughed. "That's because they need to learn," and they're idiots, you added. "They're not like you, Tanjiro. You're like... um..." The father.

"I know that," he slumped.

You finally got the message. Slowly setting Nezuko's head to a near pillow you ushered him to come closer. "Come here."

Tanjiro's eyes finally brighten up as he snuggled closer to you. You ran your fingers in his hair, tracing his scar on his forehead. You hugged him tighter, with him doing the same. "Do you want me to sing a lullaby," you joked.

"Hearing your voice is enough."

"So what is it you've been wanting to tell me?" You softly kissed his head.

He opened his mouth. "I—well, nevermind. You need to rest." The dark circles under your eyes and a bit messed up hair made him realize what you've been dealing with.

He waited for you to answer, to ask him what's been bothering him all day until he heard light snores. Tanjiro placed you properly on the bed. "Sleep tight," he whispered, kissing you on the lips, forehead, before mumbling a sleepy, "I love you."