PROLOGUE

"May I take this moment to call upon stage the star of the hour and the woman behind magic with words , ladies and gentlemen , put your hands together and rise to your feet to welcome with me , none other than , ABIGAIL GEORGE."

Tears glistening in her eyes and with a heart full of gratitude , Abigail took strong and confident strides towards the stage wrapped in a red off shoulder gown with crystals in the bodice. Snug to the body , the gown flared from mid waist to her ankles. She had always hated ground sweeping gowns and it was nothing different today too. Tonight , she had paired her gown with silver stilletoes , looking every bit the Queen she had built herself to be.

Raising her head and looking at the overtly enthusiastic crowd cheering endlessly for her , this was nothing less than a dream come true. Heaven knew what all she had gone through to get here. She could still vividly remember her endless sleepless nights of regret and disgust. She could also feel the peace and gratitude within. Times had changed and so had she.

Right now , she could hear her mom teasing her at the back of her head for always having unachievable dreams. Her mom had always been of that character. Often times teasing her endlessly for the unstoppable way of her describing daily life events. She could feel her Dad looking at her with eyes full of hope. He would never say it in words , she knew that but he was her life.

Taking a moment to compose herself , she raised her hand in a gentle wave and graciously accepted the mike from Andrea.

With a smile tugging at the corner of her lips , she began -

"Someone close to my heart once told me , 'Together , we're stronger' and tonight that's what I'm reminded of , seeing all of you here.
I had always heard of the miracles of what Love could do to you , however , I had , for the majority of my lifetime only seen the worst of it. So many people went and came , repaired and broken yet again , I had almost forgotten what Love was even like. However , when I stand in front of you today , I'm also a standing testimony to how Self Love is the key to all healing.
There's no greater Love than the love you've for yourself. Everytime you felt yourself breaking and still stood your ground , that's your love for you. Everytime you were giving up yet held it tight , that's the love you should cherish yourself sole.

Tonight, I see so many people here and this is not the celebration of an award , but this is a huge and historical moment of an honest crowd celebrating their victory of self acceptance. I see beautiful curvy women and men working hard to earn for each day. I see hope over despair and joy over brokenness. I see love over hate and tonight that is what I celebrate.