2: Recording

George wasn't satisfied with Zelk's answer, but they had a recording to do.

They recorded another 'cursed' Minecarft video, but Zelk began coughing quite violently halfway through. "Zelk, are you good?" Zak asked.

"Yeah, are you okay?" George asked, his voice very full of concern now.

"I-I-I'm fine. Let's just c-continue," Zelk's voice was very shaky. George still didn't believe him.

But... they still had a recording to finish.

About 10 minutes later, the recording was finished. The three were still in the TeamSpeak call, just talking.

"Hey, Spifey," Zak giggled. "What's next, trapping 100 kids in BadBoyHalo's basement?" George chuckled, and Zak laughed.

"Also, Zelk?" George asked, his tone serious. "Y-Yeah?" Zelk's heart fluttered.

"Are you sure you're okay? Earlier you didn't sound very good," George's tone softened.

"I already told you this, why wouldn't I be?" Zelk's voice was a little scratchy.

Zak hummed quietly.

"If you're certain. But if there ever is anything I can do to help," George trailed off.

"I know, I kno-," Zelk broke off, staring at a few flower petals scattered on his desk.

"I'm okay. I have to go now, bye!" Zelk attempted a happy tone, but his confusion showed in some sentances. Leaving the call, he sighed.

He cares about me!

Zelk thought warmly. Then, he snapped back into reality. Flower petals were scattered across his desk. Not many, but enough for him to be surprised.

They were white and faded into and orange in the middle.

Just like the ones I coughed up.

Zelk blinked. Coughing up blood and flower petals must have spooked him, so he was paralyzed. Glancing at his computer, he decided to do a little research, y'know, to make sure he wasnt sick or dying.

He typed into the search bar, 'what does it mean to cough up blood and flower petals'

Instantly, the top results came up. 'Hanahaki' was what they suggested. Zelk tried to think. What is Hanahaki? Curious, he clicked it.

"
Hanahali is a disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. ... It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear.
"

Zelk stared at his screen. "What? There's no way this is real." He giggled, but worriedly.

"I only hacked up that stuff once. Maybe I sleep-ate a bit of flower." He shrugged it off, getting up to get food.

But, throughout the rest of the day, he kept having worried thoughts.

Exactly 6:38
~~~~~~~
~~~~
~~
~

Zelk scrolled through Twitter, seeing a recent reply from Spifey. He viewed it, and his heart warmed. But his chest grew tense and cold.

Zelk threw a coughing fit, sitting straight to let it pass easier.

What felt like hours (but was really minutes) went by before Zelk stopped coughing. He removed his hands from his mouth, glancing down at them.

A loud gasp escaped him, and his breath hitched...

...

Zelk's hand was drenched in blood and petals.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.