Joseph I || And they were housemates

Your eyes glance over Joseph, reminded of what you two once were and what you've been through.

~~~~~

"Ah! Fuck, Joseph!" A girly squeal. "Harder!" Repeated thumping on a wall. 

You try to drown out the sounds with your headphones, increasing the volume only to realize it was already at the loudest.

Then a loud grunt and a loud feminine moan came from the other room. You think they're finally done. A sigh leaving your lips, you plan to stay in bed for a little longer, at least until the girl leaves.

After a while, the sound of a small exchange of words and then a door clicking.

You get up and leave your room, revealing a grinning Joseph. 

"[Name]!!!" He greets, and you think that if he weren't so cute you would have moved to a different apartment. Preferring silence over the sounds of moaning. But alas, Joseph was cute and a nice roommate and as a college student, you were broke and it was a big help to have rent split between you and him.

"You've been busy huh." You chuckle and approach the fridge, looking for food.

"Ehh, she was okay."

"Uh-huh?"

He nods.

You laugh, "I know you're aware that you're a player, but I don't think you know that it's gonna bite you in the ass one day." You take some bread and a jar from the fridge.

"I'm always bitten in the ass. Y'know, with how much I get dumped." He leans his head on his palm over the counter.

"I don't think that's the worst of it. I actually think it's gonna hurt for you." You put the two pieces of bread in the toaster.

"Naw, I have lots of luck."

"Then your luck will run out eventually." You tell him to shower because he still smelled of his earlier activities.

When Joseph's luck ran short, getting dumped by girls, he'd get drunk and  and cry to you. Complaining about being alone again. You'd comfort him, despite him being the reason for his own troubles. 

~~~

"[Name]!!!" Joseph practically kicks your door down, holding a plastic bag of beer bottles in his hand.

"Joseph, careful with the fucking door!" He doesn't pay attention to what you say and lays next to you.

"I got dumped." He lays his head on your lap. "Again."

You sigh, "What'd the girl say this time?" You stroke his hair. 

"She... she said I barely pay her any attention..."

"Is that true?"

He groans and covers his face with his arm, "Yeah..."

He sighs, "I don't want to talk about her anymore. Let's just get drunk. Please?"

"Sure, but you should reflect on why she dumped you though."

Joseph didn't seem so bothered about the breakup, his eyes weren't puffy or anything. Just has the usual temptation to get high on liquor wih you. You open the bottles anyway and chat the night away with him.

You two were good friends, and Joseph depended on you a lot. He was, in all honesty, kind of a dumbass. Not in general, but only when it came to romantic and sexual relationships. He was actually smart, just stupidly unaware of the consequence of his actions. He had a good GPA, but gets into relationships he cannot maintain.

He'd get with too many girls and make false promises. What's funny is that despite being known for being a player, he still gets many girls. They fall for his so called charm or whatever. You didn't really get it. If someone ever treated you like something to be disposed of, you'd leave them immediately.

You were tipsy now on your third shot and second bottle.

"(Name), I've been wondering..."

You turn your head to him and raise your eyebrow.

"Not to sound weird, but you're pretty handsome and you're smart too. How come you've never brought a girl home?"

The alcohol was getting to you, not just because your heart thumped when Joseph complimented you or how pretty his green eyes were right now, but because you tell him,

"First off, I don't like girls."

Joseph perks up at that, slightly surprised.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm gay, Joseph." The words slip out of your mouth, then you realize. "Oh fuck."

"Wait! You don't like me, right?" Joseph asks, stupidly.

"You probably think I'm weird now, huh?"

"No, but–"

"But you're even weirder for thinking that I'm attracted to you, just cause you're a guy. Ugh, stereotypes." You snarl.

Joseph was in deep thought.

"Take you for example, are you attracted to every girl you meet?" You ask him.

"No...?"

"See now? I only like gay guys, anyway." You take a swig, you've come out to your housemate, fuck. 

"Y'know what, enough about me. Why do you bring home lots of girls?"

"I just like girls... and... sex..." The brunette says shyly.

"Then it's the same for me, but guys. Don't worry anyway, I've only ever saw you as a friend." You explain.

You look over to him, he seems puzzled.

You sigh, "Don't think too hard. I only told you this because I trust you. You're my friend and I think I'll only ever see you as one. You should sleep now." You start to pick up the empty wrappers of food, he stands up.

"Thank you for telling me! I don't know anything about those... but I support you wherever." He smiles.

You chuckle at him. You get a little why girls like him now, he's a himbo.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll clean up here. Go to bed, hope you dream of being dumped again."

He pinches your arm and you laugh. His lips pouted, as if he were annoyed.

"You'll find a new girl in three days max. Maybe she'll stick around this time." You tease him.

"No need to rub salt into the wound." He rolls his eyes at you.

"Goodnight, Joseph." 

"Night." Joseph says before closing the door behind him.

~~~

A/N: so i finally finished this after drafting up a couple chapters 

Spoilerish but im gonna start with the past relationships before it picks up on where the prologue left off

Kinda a slow burn but not rlly

Maybe a reasonable speed kinda burn