Chapter 4

*Authors Note: OMG!!! yesterday was Friday, I totally forgot I'm so very sorry! Anyways better late than never... Here Ya Go:

I woke up the next morning with a start.

Did Jeff really come into my home last night?

I looked over to my window and find it open. I threw off my covers and ran over to the window. I looked out expecting to find Jeff's body lying on the floor, but I see nothing.

I need to clear my head. 

I think to myself as I close my window and get dressed. I leave my house and start my run. I pass Jeff's creepy house and find that I can't take my eyes off of it. I feel like a bit of my soul leaves my body each I look at that old place. It's only when I trip and fall that I notice a little girl standing at the edge of the forest looking upset. I get up, dust myself off, and jog towards her.

"Hey sweetie, are you okay?" I ask kneeling down in front of her. I fear that she might have come from that monster house.

"No, I lost my doggy I the forest. He went that way." She points to the forest as tears start to form in her eyes.

"Do you need help looking for him?" I ask and she nods smiling immediately. She takes off running in the forest leaving me behind.

 "Wait!" I scream running as fast as I could to try and catch up with the child.

"Play with me!" She says running faster. I lose her in the denseness of the trees. I stop a bit disoriented and out of breath. I don't know my way back the road from here. Panic starts to come over me when I hear the laugh of a child. I turn around to find the little girl standing behind me with a creepy smile.

"There you are." I say walking over to her.

"Play with me?" She asks holding up a knife.

"Wh..what are you gonna do with that?" I ask nervously taking a step back. She takes a step closer to me and I take another step back. I hear a low growl and a branch snap behind me. I quickly turn around to find a dog covered in blood with a large, grim looking smile. I gasp. I have nowhere to go. I'm trapped. I stumble backwards and bump into someone. I look up to find Jeff. I have never been so glad to see someone in my entire life.

"Sally, Smile leave her alone. She's mine." I look up at him confused. He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder and carries me away. I was stunned at first but then his words haunt me. She's mine. I start to kick and scream as he's carrying me away.

"Shh…it's okay." He says to me as I cry, not sure I will live to see tomorrow.

I am almost unconscious when Jeff lays me on the couch. I takes me a few seconds to realize what just happened. I quickly get up and rush across the room trying to get as far way from Jeff as I could. I fall to the floor light-headed.

"You're crazy, all of you." I say starting to cry again. I'm scared of this man.

"I don't want to hurt you." He says walking over to me. I scrunch closer to the wall in fear.

"Don't touch me." I tell him.

"Fine! But don't come crying to me next time you're in trouble." He angrily yells at me.

"Why are you helping me?" I yell back frustrated.

"Because…" He pauses, "Ugh." He sighs in frustration and leaves slamming my front door and making me jump.

I don't understand him.