Ally cat

I woke up to sun in my eyes and red hair in my mouth, I turn my head to see my little sister Lori fast asleep beside she. I couldn't help but smile at her small frame beside me. She shouldn't be in this, she deserves an actual home and an actual family (besides me).
You see we don't live with a father and mother like most kids, we live by ourselves in an abandon firehouse that as ironic as it may sound caught on fire. We have lived here for about three years; Lori was 1 at the time and I was 13 and I remember the day so perfectly I still have nightmares about it and sometimes I think this is
"Ally can you go feed lorianna while I check on your mother" my dad calls from his office that hides in now in days; I had barely seen if come out of there ever since my mother got sick.
"Fine......" I call from the living room. My father passes me in the hallway and I see his grey eyes have went cold and the bags under them have gotten worse, the smell of whiskey lingered on him. I turn my head so I don't see the shell of the man he used to be.
I grab some food from off the counter that my dad must have set out
"Ok Lori are you going to eat the carrots this time and not throw up on me?" I say in my best baby voice, the only responds I see from her is a giggle. I smile at her cuteness.
Only a second after I seat down the door comes flying across the room barley dodging my head ,I scream, I
grab Lori and hide under the table as gas came an filled the house. The last thing I saw was men in black uniforms taking my dad away "d-daddy d-don't go" I say before I pass out cold.
When I woke up the door was were it was before and the gas was gone, Lori was crying in my arms and try to calm her down but I can tell it's not working. I walk up the stairs to ask my mom what happened but......she was gone.....
I held Lori closer to my chest and I stepped closer to my parents now empty bed. It still had my mother's body outline on the sheets. I sat down on the bed and laid down; careful not to hurt Lori, my head gently hit the pillow, my fathers aftershave was still there. I single tear rolled down my cheek, Lori stated to squirm in my arms and I tried to calm her down but I knew it was useless. She started to cry, I held her closer
"Shush Lori, please" I said as my eyes filled with tears. Lori didn't stop
"Please Lori" the tears started to fall off my cheeks, I slowly start to sit up and rock Lori gently back and forth. She started to calm down and after a little bit she stopped crying; I wiped the moisture from her face "I swear to you Lori I'll make sure you'll never be alone"

I kept my promise and I always will. I brushed her fiery red hair behind her ear and shock her arm a little to wake her up, she squinted she bright green eyes when the sun hit them. She was so much like our mother, she had our mothers Ivory skin that made her eyes and hair stand out, she was tall for her age and very thin. But I looked like our father jet black hair that went down to my waist (got in the way a lot) and light grey eyes. The one thing that I really hated about looking like my father is my height. I am only 5'2 so I'm pretty short.
I sat up and Lori climb in my lap as I grabbed my hair brush; I finished brushing her hair and put it up in a high ponytail. She climbed out of my lap and put away her blanket that was way over due for a wash. I grabbed my bandana that my father gave me a few years back.
It was blue but it started to lose its color from years of use. I let my bangs stay in front of my face and I start to brush my hair when I hear something start to move by the window. My eyes darted from the window to Lori, she was staring wide eyed at the window. I slowly stood up and walked over to her and picked her up and hide behind and old counter that was still half way there.
It still smelt of smoke an ash. The wood looked fragile like if you even blew air at it the wood would crumble.