Old friends

After a few minuets we heard the sound again like...someone was climbing the side of the fire house wall. Curiosity got the better of me and like any bad horror movie where even though you yell at the person not to go look, the do it anyway. I slid Lori off my lap and tap her twice on the leg;which means stay put in the signs we made up incase of emergencies where we can't talk to each other.
After giving Lori the signal to stay put I slowly stood up and carefully looked over to the window where the noise was coming from, what I see was a rope. It looked fairly new but well used. I slowly walked over to it to see what was on the other end of the rope. Before I could even make it to the window I say bit of black hair pop up and suddenly knew who it was and I could help but smile.
"Nick!" Lori yelled and ran over taking my hand
"Hey buggy" he said as soon as he made it all the way up. "What no hi for me" I say in a teasing voice
" oh I didn't see you, you just so pale you just blend right into the wall" he said with a smirk.

Once he finally made it inside the fire house he dropped a bag of food on the ground. " your welcome" he said. Nick has been my friend since I was born and his my only friend now and he and his family are the only people I talk to besides Lori. Now nick...is very handsome;his tall and well built, the has jet black hair that spiked up in the front and he had bright blue eyes.
"Ummm ally you ok there" nick said as he waved his hand in front of my face
"Um yea just thinking...."
"Oh no not again, you know what happened last time you had an idea" nick said with a smile and Lori ran with her hand on her head behind the counter yelling" take cover!!!!"
All I could do was laugh and punch playfully in the arm.