Entry 2 - The Day After

<><><><>

I woke up with a harsh reddish orange glare penetrating through my eyelids. I groaned in disgust as I found part of my hair in my mouth, slowly sitting up as I spat it out. In my disoriented state, it took me a moment to realize that I was in a ute.

Patrick's ute.

Not my bed.

The ute was parked in Patrick's driveway, my feet were on the dashboard, knees resting against the door, Patrick passed out next to me on the right in the drivers seat

"Patrick," I hissed, tapping him on the head, ensuring a mumbled protest from him, "Goddamnit, Patrick! Wake up!"

"What's da matter... lemme sleep..." He rolled over to the side of the door and ended up smacking his nose on the door handle, casing him to reluctantly sit up.

"Good, you're up." I said as he rubbed his nose.

"Yeah I am and..." he trailed off, noticing that he had woken up in his truck next to me, "Why the hell are we in my ute?!"

"I thought you might be able to answer that for me! Like, why are we on the driveway of your house?" I scratched at my neck and found that there was... A necklace? I trailed my hands along the chain until I touched two small metal bands. Looking down I saw that one of them had diamonds speckled on it. The bands were my parents wedding rings.

I felt myself sag backwards, my mind unaware of Patrick faintly talking in the background, completely understanding yet at the same time denying the truth.

My entire family was dead.

My mom, my dad and my just born baby sister. Gone. I'll never be able to know my sister, nor will she ever know me.

I didn't even know her name and I never will...

I turned to face Patrick, unaware of the tears which were silently sliding down my face. He stared into my eyes, concern tinted in his deep blue coloured eyes. Taking a shaky breath, my voice thick with emotion, I whispered, "Patrick."

"Yeah, Otsana?" He replied softly, his hand on my shoulder.

I swallowed before answering almost silently, "I don't know what is going on, but I do know one thing. Well... I feel like I know one thing." I looked down and noticed a crumpled red poster at my feet. It was the Fall Out Boy poster. "People are going to die and I don't want you to be one of them. I can't afford to lose you too Patrick, you're the only who I've got left and I'm not going to be able to cope if I lose you too."

"In that case then," Patrick gave me a small, wry smile, "I suppose we should get ourselves some makeshift weapons."

<><><><>

About an hour later I found myself banging my head against the wooden kitchen table. Quite literally.

We had decided to pile up the necessities for this new world on the table and had decided that we would take 'only what we can carry and can fit in our backpack'. We had decided (READ: Patrick) that taking our guitar would constitute as a necessary item.

"For the last time, you are not taking the guitar!" I cried out, my head resting against the table.

"Well the last time I checked, someone was complaining about not having menthol supplies!" Patrick said hotly, probably not realizing the mistake he'd made.

"Menstrual not menthol you idiot!" I looked up at him, laughing slightly at his face which was rapidly turning as red as his ute, "Besides, I'm a girl," I spoke slowly, as if I was speaking to someone who was eleven, "We get periods. Unless we want blood everywhere –,"

"Stop talking! Please!" Patrick begged hysterically. I put him out of his misery and stood up and made my way to the kitchen in the hopes of finding some sharp and pointy objects.

Kitchen knifes.

I opened some of his draws on the kitchen counter and saw that there wasn't an extensive selection of knifes to browse from. Sighing I looked up at him, "Say Pat, do you have anymore knifes?"

Patrick looked back up at me, shrugging his shoulders, "Nah, I don't. Sorry."

I felt my face fall, "Great, great, great, absolutely bloody brilliant!" I threw my arms up into the air, "We are going to die!"

"Hey who said we were going to die?" Patrick looked at me amusedly.

"I did!" Now it was my turn to act hysterical.

"For Pete's sake! Have you forgotten the fact that Peter's of Kensington exists?!"

I felt a wicked grin come across my face. Suddenly, I felt a whole lot better about the whole situation. Well, somewhat better.

We were going to have to get to Peter's of Kensington alive first...

<><><><>

A/N: btw peters of kensington is this like oh how do i explain one sec.

*asks dad* high class 2 dollar shop... Ok 200 dollar shop

Just google if u dont understand!

byeeeee

- Iris 

<><><><>