Act 1

INT. DOWNTOWN ABYSS- NIGHT

Two broken people, one promise made. This is where it all starts. A deal made on a drunken night, for a chance to be each other's endgame, or separate lives to wander.

2013

In a secluded bar somewhere in Taguig, 6 friends were gathered around a table, laughing like they're the only people in the world.

If you would listen to their conversation, you would realize that there was one person in the group who was drowning himself in sorrow, while another person was staring intently at him, worry evident on her face.

"Seryoso ba 'to? " asked Lea, who was tipsy, because she already downed 10 shots." This back-up thing, seryoso ka dito, Aga?"

Aga smiled bitterly.  "I've got nothing to lose." He took another shot of whiskey before answering her. "Sawang-sawa na akong masaktan, Lea. If love isn't enough to keep a relationship, then what is? "

A month ago, he was left by a girl at the altar. And yes, he was heartbroken and he got humiliated, but was that enough to close his heart to love? Hindi naman lahat ng babae, iiwan siya. He only had to look in front of him, and see that there was one person who would never hurt him.

" I don't know. Trust, respect, loyalty... Do any of those words mean anything to you? " Lea asked harshly. She couldn't believe the words coming out of her best friend's mouth.

" Look, Lea. It's just a plan. A back-up plan. I'm not saying that it would happen in the future, but it would be nice if I can have a little bit of certainty in this ever-changing world. " He insisted, before taking another drink. He was about to grab another, when Lea swatted his hand away from the bottle.

"Nakakarami ka na, you're already blabbering words," she scolded him as she rolled her eyes at him.

He grinned, flashing his two deep dimples at her, "I'm not." The alcohol in his system was churning now, making him confident enough to blurt the next words out. "We've been together for almost all of our lives. Ako 'yung palaging nandito, kahit anong mangyari." If only you would look at me differently than before, it could have been you I've proposed with, he wanted to add, but no, he wasn't drunk enough to tell her that. He has successfully kept that secret for years, and several bottles of whiskey wouldn't change that. "We could be each other's endgame."

Her brows wrinkled making lines appear on her forehead, "Ang yabang! What do you think of me? I cannot lure a man? Watch me." She flipped her middle finger at him, which made one of their friends laugh. He laughed too.

"Ay! Di papatalo! Sige, let's see your luring skills," Reg, one of their friends chimed into their conversation and look around the club, to spot the perfect target. "See that guy?" she said and pointed at the guy on the bar counter.

"Ay pak! Borta," they can't help but laughed at D's reaction. The guy wears a plain white shirt hugging his perfectly chiseled arms, his hair on a man bun while sexily drinking his shot.

"Watch me," Lea gamely said and was about to stand up, when a hand gripped her wrist, making her sit once again. "Selos ka naman agad," she jokingly said and squinted her eyes at him.

"What if I say yes?"

" Asshole! " she muttered, after giving him a sound slap on his arm. She tried to yank her hand away from his, but he was holding on tightly. " Bitaw na kasi, nangangalay na ako. "

" Makinig ka muna kasi. " He requested. " Please? "

She huffed, then rolled her eyes at him. He pleaded once more. " Fine, " she agreed.