Chapter I

Teyana didn't want to move when she heard the knocking at her door. That type of knocking didn't sit well with her, she sat up opening the top drawer to her nightstand reaching in grabbing her desert eagle and not the gun she used when she was on duty her Glock 22. She threw the blanket off of her getting out the bed once the knocking had started again.

She rushed out her room, and once she entered her living room she glanced out her window to just see Kehlani. She sighed relieved, she walked over to the front door unlocking the door opening it. "You almost got yo ass shot. I'm from Compton you don't bang on nobody door like that." Teyana said placing the safety back on, on her pistol.

"Well you're not in Compton anymore, stop thinking the world is after you."

"Come in Kehlani, you know where the bedroom is." Teyana stepped to the side, this was like a routine for them and for some odd reason neither of them had a problem with the way they used each other. Teyana stuck her head out looking around to make sure the coast was clear before she closed her door and locked the top and bottom lock again.

Though she was far away from home she still lived like she was back home. She could never let her guard down no matter how long she had been away, or how good of a job she did going legit. She always had to look over her shoulder because at any moment anybody could take her out.

She swiftly made her way into the bedroom, her phone was ringing. "Please don't tell me you're answering that." Kehlani says.

"I have to I'm the Chief of Police."

"Yeah b-"

"This is Taylor." Teyana said ignoring Kehlani immediately answering the phone.

"Hey boo, we just got a call about a shooting." Cyn said. "I figured maybe you wanted to have a heads up considering this is the fourth hang related shooting this week and the media will have a ball with this."

"I'm never gonna get sleep am I?"

"That's what comes with the promotion boo, see you at the crime scene."

"Yea, yea." Teyana said hanging her phone up. "I have to go."

Teyana didn't bother to sit there and listen to Kehlani's reasons as to why she should stay. Cyn was right, when she took this promotion she committed to obligations she had to stick to. So while Kehlani talked, Teyana let it go in one ear and out the other as she put on her uniform. She strapped her weapon belt around her, "Look, you can come back later or go to sleep." Teyana said waving Kehlani off. "And your wife was the one who called me so next time don't talk when my work phone is ringing."

"So you didn't hear anything I said?" Kehlani asked watching Teyana pull on her shoes. "You always do that, when I'm talking y-"

"We both said this was just sex so why are you nagging? I gotta go to work ain't nothin you can do or say to stop that." Teyana replied before she walked out of her bedroom across the hall to her bathroom.

Kehlani was getting frustrated every time she came over here she couldn't get what she came over here for because she is the boss. She couldn't be mad about that, had Teyana not gotten that promotion Cyn wouldn't have introduced the two and she wouldn't have gotten to know what it felt like to be with Teyana.

"You know what, I'll just come back later." Kehlani announced picking up her shoes storming out of Teyana's room. Teyana was brushing her teeth leaning against the frame of the bathroom and she waved at Kehlani as she stormed past the bathroom.

Teyana never cared enough to respect any female she was fucking, she never disrespected them, but she wasn't the best at making them feel wanted. She was a mystery that could never be solved and that's what drew them in. One after one they all think they could get through to her just to fuck themselves up mentally in the end.

Teyana lifted the yellow tape walking onto the crime scene, she prepared herself for the worst as she walked down the ally behind a popular night club that served amazing drinks and food. Their music was live, and the crowd was always hype but their location was never deadly.

"What do you think it means?" Teyana overheard Cyn ask, Teyana walked over to the graffiti covered wall.

"What does what mean?" Teyana asked and Cyn pointed at the wall. Teyana looked at the graffiti examining it. "Piru Bloods." She mumbled as her heart sank.

"I thought that was a California gang." Cyn said

"Yeah they are, but they obviously got business to handle over here." Teyana said knowing how her old gang rolled. She looked around, and though she was scared she didn't show it. She knew the risks that came with this and she was ready to fight if her past had came back to haunt her.

"You got some connects in Cali you could talk to?" Cyn asked

"Yeah I'll reach out." Teyana said not taking her eyes off of the Piru Bloods Symbols spray painted on the brick wall.

"He's American, the guy who was killed? They have his I.D." Mario one of Teyana's officers announced as he approached both Cyn and Teyana.

"Go ahead and handle that imma send pictures of this to a detective I know back in Cali." Teyana said. She was trying to figure out what she wanted to do, she knew for sure she wasn't running. That's what they wanted her to do, how did they expand to Spain? How did they know exactly where to find her? As she attempted to piece things together she just knew one thing if she didn't know anything else, somebody around her aren't who they say they are.

---- chapter by jaycaprio

don't forget to vote 🥰