1| Who Wouldn't?

My names Fiji and I started working on Bondi beach as a lifeguard the same year as Maxi and since we were trainees together, we became good friends. Me and Maxi are the same age and used to(and still are)the trouble makers of the team. Being the only girl in the team, was daunting but all the guys are like my brothers.

When I was younger, I lost my parents due to a car accident and then a few years later I lost my younger sister to drowning on Bondi Beach. When I started working as a lifeguard, me and Maxi moved into an apartment except it has three bedrooms not two.

This year, we have a new trainee and he's a Bra Boy. Maxi met him a while ago and actually invited him to live with us and he obviously said yes. He moved in about a week ago but I actually haven't met him yet since I'm always out doing something.

Today though, is his first day on the job and I'm scheduled with him which is fine because from the pictures I've seen of him, he looks quite hot.

It's four am and my alarm goes off. I hit the snooze button and reluctantly get out of bed. I completely forget that Jesse's here and walk out into the kitchen in nothing but a lacy sports bra and some small shorts.

Jesse is stood in the kitchen at the breakfast bar, eating some cereal and Maxi is sat on a seat in the living room. Jesse looks up and his eyes scan my body as Maxi watches him from his seat, trying not to laugh. Jesse's only wearing some shorts and I can see his tattoos and I realise that he's really hot.

I quickly grab a protein bar and escape back to my room after hearing Maxi laugh at mine and Jesse's reactions. I didn't shut the door fully so I can hear their quiet chatter. "You think she's hot don't you?" I hear Maxi ask with a laugh. "I mean, who wouldn't?" Jesse says back as I can't help but smirk.

I laugh it from my mind though and take a brief shower before putting on some denim shorts and a cropped white shirt that stops right after my chest. I grab my bag before heading out of my room and into the kitchen. I see Jesse and Maxi waiting for me as I join them and we leave and start walking down to the beach.

We all head to the changing rooms and change into our uniforms before heading over to the lifeguard tower. No ones here yet since there's only us three, Harrison, Mouse, Deano and Harries. I take a seat up in the tower along with Jesse as Maxi opens up the garages under the tower.

The other boys start to arrive so me and Jesse head out to the rhino. "Ok, we're in the North Corner." I tell him as he nods. I start driving over to the north corner and park by the shore as people start piling onto the beach. Not even ten minutes after people start coming onto the beach, these three little kids only five or six get sucked out into the rip that's right in front of us.

"Rhino to central, we've got three kids in the rip. Jesse's going in and I'll follow." I radio out as cracking voices mumble back an ok. "Go, I'll back you up." I tell him as he jumps out, pulling his shirt off and grabbing the board. He runs into the small surf and starts paddling out as I follow quickly behind him.

He reaches the furthest one and pulls her onto his board. By the time I reach the two other boys, one of them had just gone under. I just grab his hand and pull him up as the other one grabs ahold of the board. "You're alright I got you." I assure them as Jesse paddles over and helps lift the worse boy onto my board.

I pull the other kid on before we both manage to catch a small wave back in. Both the kids fall of the board and stand up, running over to their parents. I walk over to them after putting my board away.

"Hey guys, always watch them because they almost drowned. Make sure you all swim between the flags." I tell them as I turn back and walk back over to where Jesse is. There's always a higher risk since they panic a lot easier.